B1G Football

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Top 10 nationally ranked teams are going to get an edge from the refs. Conference wants to prop up its leaders 

For sure, we see it every year. In the end PSU was going to win regardless. But it sure helped them when the game was still somewhat close

Edited by Kdug
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Its official….im going to take the points against Purdue the rest of the season…easy money.

If I was a betting man, I’d do the same lol.  I think next week will be particularly ugly.  Bielema will want to run it up with lingering bad blood plus we beat them last year. Take Illinois and the points and double down at half. 

• Haha 1

Michigan and USC now with two losses each. Will they both still be ranked ahead of IU?  
i realize it doesn't necessarily matter but it will still be BS if they are. Thats the problems with rankings, if you are perceived to be good and given a high ranking before the season even starts, you will hold onto that despite losses.  Why cant we start the college season without rankings and maybe assign them after two games or so?

10 minutes ago, Maud'Dib said:

Michigan and USC now with two losses each. Will they both still be ranked ahead of IU?  
i realize it doesn't necessarily matter but it will still be BS if they are. Thats the problems with rankings, if you are perceived to be good and given a high ranking before the season even starts, you will hold onto that despite losses.  Why cant we start the college season without rankings and maybe assign them after two games or so?

All that matters is the playoff rankings anyway which don’t necessarily take into account the flawed AP/CP. Come week 8 our destiny will be squarely in our hands. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

4 undefeated B1G teams vs 1 in the SEC. 

Bad week for the SEC in terms of playoff teams. 3 of their 4 top 10 teams that played lost, and Arkansas and Vandy don’t have any real shot at making the playoffs.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If I was a betting man, I’d do the same lol.  I think next week will be particularly ugly.  Bielema will want to run it up with lingering bad blood plus we beat them last year. Take Illinois and the points and double down at half. 

Illini -19.5. Sheesh, I'd like to bet this one but that's a lot of points.