B1G Football

Drew Allar might be the new Christain Hackenberg. Saw a couple places on twitter list him #2 in the preseason rankings at QB in the league. 

Speaking of which... our league needs to improve the QBs. Mercy, last two years I feel the lineups of QBs have been atrocious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Speaking of which... our league needs to improve the QBs. Mercy, last two years I feel the lineups of QBs have been atrocious. 

3 of the Top 10 draft picks this spring were QBs who played college ball for teams that are in the Big Ten.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Drew Allar might be the new Christain Hackenberg. Saw a couple places on twitter list him #2 in the preseason rankings at QB in the league. 

I remember a Penn State game a few years ago when Allar was a backup. There were some PSU fans by us that loved him. They were absolutely ripping their starter because they wanted him to play. It was one of the stranger things I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 9:35 AM, btownqb said:

QBs are overrated...,. :rollinglaugh:

On 8/23/2024 at 12:45 PM, BeerBQ said:

I remember a Penn State game a few years ago when Allar was a backup. There were some PSU fans by us that loved him. They were absolutely ripping their starter because they wanted him to play. It was one of the stranger things I’ve seen. 

Back-up QB’s are always popular amongst the fanbase haha. 

• Haha 1

Going to add this, one of my favorite IU football fan memories as a student was the 1997 game vs Illinois where we won a home Big Ten game for the first time in 3 years. John Harbaugh was an assistant for us that season under Cam Cameron, and for that particular game Jim Harbaugh was on our sideline as a guest. So all of us perfectly sober college students decided to serenade Jim with a "we want Justin" chant as Paul Justin was the Colts backup QB at the time. 

I don't know if he noticed us or ignored us (the section chanting this was definitely within earshot of Jim on the sideline) but it sure as hell cracked me up. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Easy fella!  Just something cool to see and yes I know ISU isn’t good. Nice to see a big win with a near sellout to boot.  Almost 60k in the stands after a 4-8 season is impressive. 

Walt Bell put up 558 and 41 on them last year.  A near sellout is pretty impressive though.  Purdue has a tough schedule.  Enjoy the wins.  

• Like 1