2024- 2025 Team News and Discussion

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

this Sun Belt player is decent 

You can have all the NIL $ in the world but if a staff doesn't know how to identify talent it's almost like the Yankees in baseball. Buy everything and still don't have a ring in the last 15 years. 

Coaching and an eye for talent in your schemes will always trump $. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Nebraska boards talking about this game like Tom Allen is still the coach and Connor Bazelak is the QB.

Not sure where you are seeing that.  Nebraska fans have a healthy respect for what you guys have done this year.  We are in no position to talk smack about anyone given our last decade of bad performance.  Good luck to you guys and I truly hope you can keep rolling (after losing a tough one next week).  

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, NU Fan said:

Not sure where you are seeing that.  Nebraska fans have a healthy respect for what you guys have done this year.  We are in no position to talk smack about anyone given our last decade of bad performance.  Good luck to you guys and I truly hope you can keep rolling (after losing a tough one next week).  

Huskerboard.com

26 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Huskerboard.com

Gotcha- yeah we have a few knuckleheads on that one.  I think they are trying to talk themselves into positive thoughts.  It's been rough being a Nebraska fan recently so we have struggled with how to handle a few wins in a row.  That said, I know the majority of our fan base is nervous for this game.  This is the biggest game we have had in many years.  I just hope the weather is good so we can see the strength of both teams on display.  Your QB can really sling it and the wide receivers look good.  Our QB makes a few freshman mistakes but he has been pretty solid as well.  Should be fun to watch!  Again good luck and see you there.  

• Like 5

On 10/10/2024 at 4:46 PM, southsidehoosier said:

Nebraska game is a sellout 

Only technically. IU sold off all the remaining tickets to brokers who immediately put them up on Seat Geek for 2x the price. There are a TON of seats still available just on the secondary market now

21 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Only technically. IU sold off all the remaining tickets to brokers who immediately put them up on Seat Geek for 2x the price. There are a TON of seats still available just on the secondary market now

I see tickets on stubhub for about $80 each including fees. So not terrible. 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I see tickets on stubhub for about $80 each including fees. So not terrible. 

Stubhub is likely season ticket holders who can’t make the game. IU has some weird deal with Seat Geek, probably taking a cut. It doesn’t make sense to sell hundreds of tickets (basically all on the visitors side) and dump them to resalers. It’s likely to discourage last minute purchases and leave large chunks of the stadium empty.  

• Like 1

I don't see a pregame thread for Nebraska yet so I'll just throw it in here. Looks like Coach Cignetti and Mother Nature made a deal for next weekend. With the Big Noon Kickoff in town forecast is calling for low 70's and plenty of sun. Picturesque Bloomington Saturday incoming. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't see a pregame thread for Nebraska yet so I'll just throw it in here. Looks like Coach Cignetti and Mother Nature made a deal for next weekend. With the Big Noon Kickoff in town forecast is calling for low 70's and plenty of sun. Picturesque Bloomington Saturday incoming. 

It’s hard to beat Bloomington and surrounding areas (e.g., Brown County) in October.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm planning to get the pregame thread up tomorrow, want to see how the rankings play out first. 

Great news about the forecast, mother nature owes us a solid after that Maryland game lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bronkonagurski said:

I'm planning to get the pregame thread up tomorrow, want to see how the rankings play out first. 

Great news about the forecast, mother nature owes us a solid after that Maryland game lol.

With Utah getting beat we better be top 15diana

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

With Utah getting beat we better be top 15diana

With the bye week I doubt we’d be jumping any teams that didn’t lose. We’d still need two of Boise, Kansas State, LSU, and Iowa State to lose. And I’m not sure if LSU losing would drop them lower than us since they’re going up against a top 10 team. Win next week and I think we’ll have top 15diana.

• Like 1