2024- 2025 Team News and Discussion

8 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Just got tickets for the Michigan game. No way I'm missing that one. I don't care if they (Michigan) are unranked by then, I want to be there in person to see us beat them.

That is great but the big one is the next one with Nebraska. Let’s fill the stadium with IU fans. We can’t let Nebraska buy up a ton of tickets. Especially for Homecoming. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

That is great but the big one is the next one with Nebraska. Let’s fill the stadium with IU fans. We can’t let Nebraska buy up a ton of tickets. Especially for Homecoming. 

For sure. I've already got tickets for Nebraska and my buddy just got his ticket today. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kycarter88 said:

College game day coming to town for a top 20 matchup? Assuming Nebraska wins next week. 

Nebraska also has a bye week next week. They’re effectively #27 right now, so if a few teams lower in the ranking lose they could end up ranked.

39 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Georgia is at Texas the same week. ESPN will go there for the top five match up plus its two SEC teams. We MIGHT get Fox Big Noon Kickoff. 

I’d bet Big Noon will be between our game and Michigan vs Illinois. Michigan has a bye next week and Illinois plays an FCS school, so both of those teams will be ranked since they currently are.

Edited by Kdug
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Georgia is at Texas the same week. ESPN will go there for the top five match up plus its two SEC teams. We MIGHT get Fox Big Noon Kickoff. 

Didn’t know that about the upcoming games. That’s a shame. Would be a wild scene for sure if any one of them showed up. 

This Badger writer has moved Rourke up to #3 in his B1G QB ratings. Rourke will be tested in these next couple outings. If he keeps up this pace, does he overtake Gabriel (who I expect to struggle vs OSU) in the Heisman race? I would think so. His stats are already much better. 

https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/lists/big-ten-football-quarterback-rankings-will-rogers-washington-michigan/

Nebraska is definitely the best team we will face to date. The same for them. We will be the best team they have faced. Stopping the run will be key for IU. Score points and make them have to play from behind. NU will try to control the ball and time of possession. 

I’m not sure if anyone else has felt this way, but I get more confident in this team as the game goes on. I remember thinking, for years, that after halftime Indiana was at a huge disadvantage because of game planning by the opposing coaches. I feel the script has flipped and now we are actually making quality in game adjustments to the opposing teams strengths. 

As for this game against Nebraska, I think it comes down to 3rd down defense and turnovers. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Nebraska is definitely the best team we will face to date. The same for them. We will be the best team they have faced. Stopping the run will be key for IU. Score points and make them have to play from behind. NU will try to control the ball and time of possession. 

I’m not convinced Nebraska is better than Maryland, especially offensively, but we shall see.

Our defensive weakness seems to be giving up deep throws down the middle to patient, experienced qb's.  Raiola is incredibly talented, but inexperienced and not very accurate. His ability to handle pressure and make smart decisions will be key for them. We're definitely aggressive and take some risks on defense, which can open us up to big plays.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Great job Kurtis! Amazing the #s he is putting up. With 18 teams and several top tier QBs, quite an accomplishment.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-qb-kurtis-rourke-wins-big-ten-offensive-player-of-the-week-for-second-time/

"He currently leads the Big Ten in touchdown passes (14), passing yards (1,752), yards per attempts (10.9) and passer rating (192.1)."

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 6

Good article by Ant Wright on the culture shift in Hoosier football...

"Cignetti is dangerous, and not just because of his coaching acumen. He doesn’t care about the prestige of your program, your brand, or your history. His sole focus is winning and demanding excellence. No matter who the Hoosiers line up against, he’s not intimidated, and neither are his players. His mission is simple: to outplay and out-coach every team that stands in their way."

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Reacher said:

Great job Kurtis! Amazing the #s he is putting up. With 18 teams and several top tier QBs, quite an accomplishment.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-qb-kurtis-rourke-wins-big-ten-offensive-player-of-the-week-for-second-time/

"He currently leads the Big Ten in touchdown passes (14), passing yards (1,752), yards per attempts (10.9) and passer rating (192.1)."

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/indiana-football-quarterback-kurtis-rourke-heisman-trophy-conversation-01j9pcz6dtyh

• Like 3