2024- 2025 Team News and Discussion

Huge IU hoops fan, been a UT fan since I was 10 living in Fort Wayne but always hope for IU football to turn around. I am so impressed with what Curt has done with such little talent and in such a short time. WOW!

there’s even a little chatter on our Vols board about them. His recruiting will keep improving and he can pull more from the portal. He got some legit momentum. Their schedule looks favorable and gosh this is gonna be interesting.

hoping for the best for this team and program moving forward and hope he’s a young 63 and is amped to stick around for maybe 7-8 more years!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Unfortunately, I agree. But in the era of "quick fixes" that's not an issue.

Now is the time IU administration to put your money where your mouth is if you really want IU football to be good. You have to do everything in your power to keep Cig. Give him everything he wants from facilities to raises for him and staff. It’s a smart investment. Colorado applications and enrollment has sky rocketed since Coach Prime has made them relevant. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Now is the time IU administration to put your money where your mouth is if you really want IU football to be good. You have to do everything in your power to keep Cig. Give him everything he wants from facilities to raises for him and staff. It’s a smart investment. Colorado applications and enrollment has sky rocketed since Coach Prime has made them relevant. 

Agree. With the B1G being one of the two football super conferences, IU has to be relevant in football. 

As an outside observer, he’d need to establish himself consistently good for AT LEAST 2-3 years for a bigger program to come calling and that’s IF that school would know they’re hiring him for four years to build their program back and then what? Have him for another 3-4? Plus he has to think that too? I mean the guy isn’t going to coach till 75 right? 😅

my gut says this is his last stop. No one is going to come in and pay him 5-6 million a year after two years of IU rebounding quickly.

Just my two cents which is worth a tad less

3 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I couldn’t agree with this more. You pay him and give him what he wants IMMEDIATELY within reason. No major program will try to outbid with huge numbers for his age but you gotta pay him to keep him away from the tier below that. Pay the man, and his staff and KEEP HIM. At virtually all cost

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So looking at the schedule, I think worst case scenario is 8-4...Best case is 11-1...

That’s crazy to look at, but I think I’d agree. The way I look at it is:

Heavy favorites at NW and vs PU

Favorites vs Wash and at MSU

Toss up / slight favorites vs Neb and vs Mich

Underdogs at OSU

Getting both Michigan and Nebraska at home is huge. Those are probably the 2 teams on our schedule that are most similar in terms of quality.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

I couldn’t agree with this more. You pay him and give him what he wants IMMEDIATELY within reason. No major program will try to outbid with huge numbers for his age but you gotta pay him to keep him away from the tier below that. Pay the man, and his staff and KEEP HIM. At virtually all cost

Per his contract, six wins and Cignetti gets another $500,000 to use towards his staff at his discretion.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TiminNC said:

Per his contract, six wins and Cignetti gets another $500,000 to use towards his staff at his discretion.  

That’s a good start. But that’s far from “the big boys.”

He’s making 4.25 million.

if he gets to 10 wins (very possible) or 11 with an upset of Michigan…

he should get a bump to 7 million plus the 500,000 PLUS another 1.5 million for his staff. 

plus double whatever their recruiting budget it… because I know without looking it isn’t in the top half of the big ten which is chump change compared to the SEC…

PLUS

he should have a seat at the table for any discussions for major renovations of facilities starting immediately.

this is a coach potentially that an IU has a shot at once every 40-50 years.

this is borderline blank check time. Virtually anything he wants within reason he should get. OR the administrators are saying “a good FB team is super fun, but NOT a priority.”

it’s that simple.

7,000,000 is modest IF the coach you have you believe can take your program to places it’s never been. Don’t split hairs over a million. PAY. UP.

i agree the contract should be $500,000 if he gets to 6 wins. So if he gets to 10 you tear that sucker up and blow the doors off. Make a statement.

• Like 2