2024- 2025 Team News and Discussion

On 9/8/2024 at 4:20 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Give me any bowl, only 4 more wins away from securing one!

Sometimes I make the mistake of looking at comments on social media and see comments about our first two wins like 'oh whoopee doo, we can make a meaningless bowl' and I think, are you people serious? There is no such thing as a meaningless bowl game, especially for our program. Our bowl appearances have been very few and far between in my lifetime. Give me a 'meaningless' bowl game every single season, I'd take it!

Consistent winning and consistently going bowling somewhere is a big thing. Let's get to a place where qualifying for a lower tier bowl game is a bad season instead of enduring a 1-win conference season. Raise the floor AND the ceiling. Even in a world where it seems like everyone goes to a bowl, we've been missing out far too often. Going to a bowl always has value, and to get there this season will mean winning some meaningful games beyond FIU and Western Illinois.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Sometimes I make the mistake of looking at comments on social media and see comments about our first two wins like 'oh whoopee doo, we can make a meaningless bowl' and I think, are you people serious? There is no such thing as a meaningless bowl game, especially for our program. Our bowl appearances have been very few and far between in my lifetime. Give me a 'meaningless' bowl game every single season, I'd take it!

Consistent winning and consistently going bowling somewhere is a big thing. Let's get to a place where qualifying for a lower tier bowl game is a bad season instead of enduring a 1-win conference season. Raise the floor AND the ceiling. Even in a world where it seems like everyone goes to a bowl, we've been missing out far too often. Going to a bowl always has value, and to get there this season will mean winning some meaningful games beyond FIU and Western Illinois.

Well said.  It's okay to want the top of the mountain, be disappointed when we don't reach it, and still be pleased with the overall result.

I'm going to be pissed after every single loss this year, even against OSU.  But, in the end, if I'm watching us play in a game after Purdue this season, I'll be content.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

How many on here (besides myself) are wondering if upcoming teams on our schedule are now looking at IU and thinking, "Crap, ,.....this one's definitely, not gonna be easy!"..? 

Definitely had that thought. No way OSU will be overlooking us (like ND - NIU). I figured a team overlooking IU was good for a win every so often. As Cig says, we will have to get used to playing as the favorite.

• Like 2