2024- 2025 Team News and Discussion

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I just realized we have another bye week.... the week before OSU? Huh... truly had no clue. 

OSU has had their two bye weeks. Injuries mounting for them. Hope they have some physical games before they get to us :D. They play NE this week. They will be looking to avenge their woeful performance in Bloomington.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Reacher said:

OSU has had their two bye weeks. Injuries mounting for them. Hope they have some physical games before they get to us :D. They play NE this week. They will be looking to avenge their woeful performance in Bloomington.

Something tells me Nebraska will give them all they can handle in a loosing effort.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Something tells me Nebraska will give them all they can handle in a loosing effort.....

I think we were a major wake up call for Nebraska. Their coach said he "didn't see this coming" which tells me that they underestimated IU. Because, after all it was IU. It takes some people a while to catch up with reality. I think they will compete with OSU better than they did with us. 

• Like 2

I ran across these latest BIGTEN team offense/defense rankings. It really floors me as to how our defense (#7) can be ranked lower that both Nebraska (#4)  and Northwestern (#6).... 

Big Ten Off & Def EPA Ranks

School Off. Rank Def. Rank
Ohio State 1 2
Indiana 2 7
Washington 4 1
Penn State 3 5
Oregon 5 8
Nebraska 8 4
Minnesota 10 3
USC 7 12
Illinois 6 15
Wisconsin 9 9
Maryland 11 14
Michigan 13 10
Iowa 12 13
Michigan State 15 11
Rutgers 14 16
Northwestern 18 6
UCLA 17 17
Purdue 16 18
  • Like 2

Just a general ticket question. I bought tickets to the Bucket game from IU Athletics Ticket Office online. I got a confirmation email, but haven't seen the actual tickets come across yet. For anyone else who has bought single game tickets, is this normal? Should I expect them to arrive closer to the event, which is still a month out?

5 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Just a general ticket question. I bought tickets to the Bucket game from IU Athletics Ticket Office online. I got a confirmation email, but haven't seen the actual tickets come across yet. For anyone else who has bought single game tickets, is this normal? Should I expect them to arrive closer to the event, which is still a month out?

yes

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

If you have the IU app, check there. It’s possible they are already showing up on the app.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I ran across these latest BIGTEN team offense/defense rankings. It really floors me as to how our defense (#7) can be ranked lower that both Nebraska (#4)  and Northwestern (#6).... 

Big Ten Off & Def EPA Ranks

School Off. Rank Def. Rank
Ohio State 1 2
Indiana 2 7
Washington 4 1
Penn State 3 5
Oregon 5 8
Nebraska 8 4
Minnesota 10 3
USC 7 12
Illinois 6 15
Wisconsin 9 9
Maryland 11 14
Michigan 13 10
Iowa 12 13
Michigan State 15 11
Rutgers 14 16
Northwestern 18 6
UCLA 17 17
Purdue 16 18

This doesn’t surprise me too much. Our defense has had some good and bad games when considering the opponent. If we continue to play like we did vs Nebraska I’m sure we’ll rise in these rankings.

NW and Nebraska have had pretty good defenses whenever they aren’t playing IU - which says a lot about how good our offense has been.

• Like 1