2024- 2025 Team News and Discussion

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

6-6 would be a huge disappointment in my book.  Not only are we playing for 2024 but we need to impress those players in the portal going into 2025.  We lose a lot!  Hopefully the "most likely record" goes up with every win.  

Any word on McCulley?  

Edited by TiminNC
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 9:30 AM, Reacher said:

Here are the defensive PFF grades-

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-footballs-defensive-snap-counts-and-week-one-grades-according-to-pff/

Like that J Walker is #14 in the country for tackling!

Walker was as impressive as anybody.  Love how he plays.  There’s an urgency there to go along with his athleticism.  He’s not huge but with the way the game  today is trending I could see him playing on Sundays.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

"preseason" is done now. Good first two victories and clearly improvement made between week 1 and 2 despite the poor competition. Most years, I feel like IU would have won a game 27-13 against Western Illinois....glad to see them put the pedal to the medal and flex some muscle. Coach Cig is the real deal.

I would consider 5-5 the rest of the regular season a successful year if they get to 7-5 and go bowling in Cigs first season. The Kool-aid in me is thinking 6 or 7 more wins possible, but trying to keep it realistic and manage expectations.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

"preseason" is done now. Good first two victories and clearly improvement made between week 1 and 2 despite the poor competition. Most years, I feel like IU would have won a game 27-13 against Western Illinois....glad to see them put the pedal to the medal and flex some muscle. Coach Cig is the real deal.

I would consider 5-5 the rest of the regular season a successful year if they get to 7-5 and go bowling in Cigs first season. The Kool-aid in me is thinking 6 or 7 more wins possible, but trying to keep it realistic and manage expectations.

In recent years we would be in a game and commit a really stupid penalty and lose. I don't see that happening this year. This team will not lose it's composure and beat itself. We finally have a real coach who knows how to build a successful program.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Reacher said:

They are predicting Georgia Tech vs IU in the Holiday Bowl after week 2. Would you be happy with that? 

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/college-football-bowl-projections-entering-week-3-playoff-picture-changes-after-notre-dame-loss-235847189/

Yes. Any bowl will make me happy, at baseline. 

Good things are happening if we’re concerned about ‘which’ bowl. (<— hopefully this concern becomes more frequent, year after year.)