Big Ten Basketball 2024-2025

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

It's silly to insert Purdue into an IU and Illinois conversation. 

image.jpeg.2e48addeb48b28ab5f41d16e02c857d8.jpeg

Speaking of...

I see that both Edey and Shannon had their numbers retired and hung in the rafters...

There was plenty of space up there...

• Haha 2

On 6/26/2024 at 1:03 PM, IU Scott said:

This roster only has 3 big guys Reneau, Ballo and Hatton. Hatton probably will see limited minutes so for most of the time we won't be playing two bigs at one time.

Mgbako should be a 4 in college, heck Goode played some "4" at Illinois.

So Ballo and Reneau are not expected to be in the starting lineup?

On 6/26/2024 at 1:29 PM, IUFLA said:

Not surprised you parrot the idiotic HH dude...not surprised at all...

Make sure you're not a stranger when the season starts...

Oh I'll be here to take your arrows when Illinois struggles at the start of the season.

On 6/26/2024 at 2:55 PM, ledies22 said:

Am I missing something? Are you really bragging about being 2-3 against Woodson? Against a coach that you laugh at and imply he's a moron. What would that make Brad UnderWoody? The name may say it all. 

LOL, no. You guys brought up that stat, I'm laughing that this is what is important to you, I'm more interested in Big Ten titles and NCAA results.

On 6/26/2024 at 7:19 PM, 94hoosier said:

i’m really confused how anyone would think Underwood is a good coach. The talent he has had and underachieved with is amazing. Woodson has crushed him with less talent.  

Illini got bounced in first round with one of the most talented teams int the country. Reminds me of Purdue

Speaking of confused..... Illinois was in the Elite 8. What year do you think it is? But good point, Purdue also had a great run in the tournament so I see the connection.

On 6/27/2024 at 9:49 AM, IUFLA said:

Speaking of...

I see that both Edey and Shannon had their numbers retired and hung in the rafters...

There was plenty of space up there...

No numbers have been retired at Illinois. Just a jersey and there are plenty of them up there. Some would say too many but IMO it's not a big deal.

34 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Mgbako should be a 4 in college, heck Goode played some "4" at Illinois.

So Ballo and Reneau are not expected to be in the starting lineup?

Oh I'll be here to take your arrows when Illinois struggles at the start of the season.

LOL, no. You guys brought up that stat, I'm laughing that this is what is important to you, I'm more interested in Big Ten titles and NCAA results.

Speaking of confused..... Illinois was in the Elite 8. What year do you think it is? But good point, Purdue also had a great run in the tournament so I see the connection.

No numbers have been retired at Illinois. Just a jersey and there are plenty of them up there. Some would say too many but IMO it's not a big deal.

They will start together but when they start subbing you will see MM and Goode at the 4 and move Reneau to the 5

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

We'll be here...

Not really important, but I hear from PUkes and Whinin Illini what a poor coach Woody is, it makes me wonder why Underwood and Painter haven't coached rings around him in head to head matchups...

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drroogh said:

https://bustingbrackets.com/posts/ncaa-basketball-top-25-team-winners-from-2024-transfer-portal-results-01j12mcse2e4/24

3. Indiana Hoosiers

Despite the team’s struggling performance last season, Kel’el Ware proved to be one of the better impact transfers from the portal, leading the team with 15.9 ppg and 9.9 rpg. He ended up getting drafted in the first round of the NBA Draft, leaving behind a large gap inside. The Hoosiers may have found an even better center from the now-defunct Pac-12.

Oumar Ballo is a 7’0 center from Arizona, coming off averaging 12.9 ppg and 10.1 rpg, and another all-conference performer. He’s one of the best defensive big men in the country and an outstanding rin-runner who can come in and anchor Indiana inside. Bellarmine transfer Langdon Hatton (10.5 ppg and 7.1 rpg) adds frontcourt depth for the team off the bench,

The other former Pac-12 guards joining the team are Myles Rice and Kanaan Carlyle. Rice averaged 14.8 ppg and 3.8 apg in his first full season at Washington State after recovering from a cancer diagnosis, while Carlyle produced 11.5 ppg and 2.7 apg in his first season at Stanford, shooting 39% from the field.

Luke Goode (5.7 ppg) shot 39% from three-point range and gives Indiana needed floor spacing for next season. Landing three of the top available transfers was a big win for Coach Mike Woodson and the Hoosiers and as long as shooting isn’t an issue, they should be a contender in the Big Ten.

Yes, the big remaining question mark. Anyone who argues that Rice (44%, 27%) and Carlyle (39%, 32%) will add shooting is just speculating. We all hope so, but they weren't strong shooters last season. Don't think they'll be hesitant to shoot, but they still need to make them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Ballo at 1 and Rice at 3...And no mention of Carlyle :) 

Come on, November! 

The Carlyle omission was surprising. I kept scrolling and thought we were going to have 1-3. That should motivate Carlyle. No way there are 20 transfers in the B1G better than him.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

On3 says we have #1, 2, and 7 🙂 

Opinions 🤔

That seems a little more reasonable to me. If Carlyle is showing up in the first round of some mock drafts next year, it's hard to explain how there are 20 transfers better than him.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That seems a little more reasonable to me. If Carlyle is showing up in the first round of some mock drafts next year, it's hard to explain how there are 20 transfers better than him.

Just shows how poorly resourced much of these sites are.

One site has a player #3, the other doesn't even have him in the top 20.

And we are talking about in the conference, not the nation. That discrepancy is an absolute joke and shows some people just put out content for the sake of putting out content.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Just shows how poorly resourced much of these sites are.

One site has a player #3, the other doesn't even have him in the top 20.

And we are talking about in the conference, not the nation. That discrepancy is an absolute joke and shows some people just put out content for the sake of putting out content.

Hey, I just posted what I found. :cheers:

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Good luck kid. He's a good player and would like to have him in '25 but he seems insistent on starting college this season and there's no role for him at UI. Probably didn't help that Illinois told him they didn't want him as a reclass and then took Riley who did reclass. 

10 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Hey, I just posted what I found. :cheers:

That's not a slam on you at all. I love reading all of it. But you can definitely tell who's done their research and who hasn't.

Reminds me of the top 25 polls. You can tell some of those journalists are serious, but some are  completely clueless/careless and just fill out teams based on ESPN hype.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 1:29 PM, IUFLA said:

We'll be here...

Not really important, but I hear from PUkes and Whinin Illini what a poor coach Woody is, it makes me wonder why Underwood and Painter haven't coached rings around him in head to head matchups...

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Once again CMW has more talent than every Big Ten team….

If Herb Simon & Buckner love CMW why not hire him for the Pacers?  If he’s such a great coach why hasn’t anybody tried to hire him in the last decade? 

2 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Once again CMW has more talent than every Big Ten team….

If Herb Simon & Buckner love CMW why not hire him for the Pacers?  If he’s such a great coach why hasn’t anybody tried to hire him in the last decade? 

I don’t know that IU has more talent than anyone else.  That’s very debatable.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Go ask your buddy's on a Purdue board.

This is getting silly. Participate here, or just don't post.

Don't come to bash the program or coach......that's our job.

But seriously stop continuously trying to poke the bear around here.

Smokey the Bear would say “only Mods can prevent Purdue trolling!”😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Go ask your buddy's on a Purdue board.

This is getting silly. Participate here, or just don't post.

Don't come to bash the program or coach......that's our job.

But seriously stop continuously trying to poke the bear around here.

You forgot the part about how he shouldn't let the door hit him in the ass on his way out.   😁

Edited by Tom White
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1