Big Ten Basketball 2024-2025

6 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Iowa runs a lot of free flowing offense 

Purdue will be running this year 

Bucky & Sparty ?  First one to 60?

Okay? So it’s still been 25 years since a BIG national championship! A top 10 recruit just said style of play in the conference was the deciding factor! 

On 9/25/2024 at 10:01 PM, Drroogh said:

Okay? So it’s still been 25 years since a BIG national championship! A top 10 recruit just said style of play in the conference was the deciding factor! 

ND was 348th in scoring last year 

Shrews had a very young team for sure 

Illini/iowa/purdue were top 12 in scoring 

Washington /USC / Oregon don’t hurt

UCLA is brutal at 329th 

Big Ten has lead in attendance since the 70’s….some of best venues every night 

Academically the Big Ten Dominates every conference but the Ivy League 

Edited by Purdue7

9 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

ND was 348th in scoring last year 

Shrews had a very young team for sure 

Illini/iowa/purdue were top 12 in scoring 

Washington /USC / Oregon don’t hurt

UCLA is brutal at 329th 

Big Ten has lead in attendance since the 70’s….some of best venues every night 

Academically the Big Ten Dominates every conference but the Ivy League 

Have you watched Butler, DePaul, Seton Hall or Providence?  Wrestling match 

Don’t argue with me. It’s the 5star recruit you need to convince!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Notes on Rutgers scrimmage

Of course Harper and Bailey were the focus, but they shot a combined 2-10 from 3 and the rest of the team didn't fare much better...

And the 2 guys they're counting on from the 5 position didn't sound too encouraging...

So naturally they will shoot 15 for 28 from 3 when they play in Assembly Hall this year? 😅

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Pre-season awards are the most worthless thing ever. They are basically an award for the prior season, for guys who return for another year. Then you have a freshman on the team....

How in the hell is ace baldwin still playing basketball. For the love of god, it has to be his 6th year. 

On 9/29/2024 at 8:44 PM, IUFLA said:

Notes on Rutgers scrimmage

Of course Harper and Bailey were the focus, but they shot a combined 2-10 from 3 and the rest of the team didn't fare much better...

And the 2 guys they're counting on from the 5 position didn't sound too encouraging...

I hope they suck.  Mostly because I think the Harper family are a bunch of punks.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Pre-season awards are the most worthless thing ever. They are basically an award for the prior season, for guys who return for another year. Then you have a freshman on the team....

Also why are there 10 first team preseason players? Shouldn't it be 5?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Also why are there 10 first team preseason players? Shouldn't it be 5?

So the people who put the list together have more latitude at the end of the year in the "see? I was right!"category 🙂

• Haha 2

Still think MM is a break out player 

Ballo is really limited offensively but he plays to his strengths rebound & rim run 

double double 🔒 

can we see 15-20 minutes a game with only Ballo or MR?  Even with average 3 point shooting the driving/slashing ability  of Rice, TG & Carlyle could be effective 

On 10/1/2024 at 3:40 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

No doubt. I’ve seen several comments questioning Smith as the POTY because of Edey being gone.  Obviously it’ll be an adjustment/more difficult for him but based on what he did last year and who came back, I don’t think ppl can make a solid case for anyone over him.  With that said, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he didn’t actually win it. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No doubt. I’ve seen several comments questioning Smith as the POTY because of Edey being gone.  Obviously it’ll be an adjustment/more difficult for him but based on what he did last year and who came back, I don’t think ppl can make a solid case for anyone over him.  With that said, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he didn’t actually win it. 

As both you and Turdue 7 were saying a few weeks back and how his game wont change at all... these numbers do not scream B10 player of the year to me. 

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
39 34.0 44.1 43.1 79.5 5.8 7.5 0.1 1.6 1.6 2.7 12.0

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

As both you and Turdue 7 were saying a few weeks back and how his game wont change at all... these numbers do not scream B10 player of the year to me. 

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
39 34.0 44.1 43.1 79.5 5.8 7.5 0.1 1.6 1.6 2.7 12.0

I agree that probably wouldn’t win it but look at Tyler Kolek when he won BEPOY 2 years ago. He had better stats last year but didn’t run it  

12.9/4.1/7.5/47.1/39.8

Every year is different of course but I don’t think it’s crazy to see Braden’s PPG to go up a bit.  Rebounds could see a drop and same with FG%/3P%. I don’t think assists will change much. 

He very well could have a good season but not win BTPOY.  But there’s not a great preseason argument for any other player to be picked instead of him. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I agree that probably wouldn’t win it but look at Tyler Kolek when he won BEPOY 2 years ago. He had better stats last year but didn’t run it  

12.9/4.1/7.5/47.1/39.8

Every year is different of course but I don’t think it’s crazy to see Braden’s PPG to go up a bit.  Rebounds could see a drop and same with FG%/3P%. I don’t think assists will change much. 

He very well could have a good season but not win BTPOY.  But there’s not a great preseason argument for any other player to be picked instead of him. 

I don't think its off base at this point. just throwing you shade like i love to do. 

going back 10 years for B1G POY the lowest scorer was Swanigan at 18.5 ppg. Winston was at 18.6. and everyone else was near 20 ppg or over. 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2024 at 4:25 PM, IUFLA said:

The Athletic has us in 3rd behind Purdue and 🤔 Michigan?

Yeah, don't get the Michigan love there. They did upgrade their coach....though an empty chair would have done that as well. 🤣 I find it hard to pick a team with so much turnover that high, though this year there are a bunch of them and one will probably put it all together.