Big Ten Basketball 2024-2025

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not your typical Rutgers defense tied at 83 with 2 to go. 

Got that right...and inside Ogbole is no Cliff Omoruyi...he ain't even Cliff Clavin...

The 2 freshmen are good, but both try to do too much...Harper especially tried to make plays down the stretch and clanged a few...

Not to mention the turnovers

Edited by IUFLA

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Got that right...and inside Ogbole is no Cliff Omoruyi...he ain't even Cliff Clavin...

The 2 freshmen are good, but both try to do too much...Harper especially tried to make plays down the stretch and changed a few...

Not to mention the turnovers

They definitely looked like freshman the last 5 minutes 

15 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I think the point here that seems to be flying over the 3 purdue guys here is that......

for how strong Purdue is during the regular season, they are rather less than come tournament time.

Over the last 10 years Purdue is probably top 10 in wins in the P5. and they have:

All 9 appearances, 1 elite 8, 1 championship game appearance, a loss to N Texas, and getting beat by 16 seed... all of that with I think 7 times a 4 seed or better.

That's like the last decade Cowboys, present day Ravens, 90's Knicks, Manning's Colts (except he got one), Nash's Suns.

Purdue is great. Post season wise, they should be better. 

2 Elite 8s out of the last 5 . 

4 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

2 Elite 8s out of the last 5 . 

And out of the last four you were a 1 seed twice, one 3 seed, one 4 seed. Three of the 4 losses coming from 13 seeds and lower. two of which were in the first round to #13 North Texas and #16 Farleigh Dickinson. If you are not aware the loss to Farleigh Dickinson, the 16 beating a 1, was the second time in history. Ever.

over your head Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ledies22 said:

And out of the last four you were a 1 seed twice, one 3 seed, one 4 seed. Three of the 4 losses coming from 13 seeds and lower. two of which were in the first round to #13 North Texas and #16 Saint Peters. If you are not aware the loss to Saint Peters, the 16 beating a 1, was the second time in history. Ever.

If you’re going to talk trash at least get the team right lol.  St. Peter’s beat us in the S16 as a 15 seed.  Fairleigh Dickinson was the 16 who beat us. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ledies22 said:

And out of the last four you were a 1 seed twice, one 3 seed, one 4 seed. Three of the 4 losses coming from 13 seeds and lower. two of which were in the first round to #13 North Texas and #16 Farleigh Dickinson. If you are not aware the loss to Farleigh Dickinson, the 16 beating a 1, was the second time in history. Ever.

FDU worst loss in NCAA tournament history 

Arguably in sports history 

Team was good enough to get high seeds but 💩 🛌 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

As much as I want to laugh at Purdue for that, they did just play in the National Championship game.

Yeah, we need to stop the attempts at downplaying Purdue’s recent success. They’ve had a better program in recent years. Plain and simple. But can we just stop talking Purdue all the time anyway? 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Just curious which team had more talent?

Last year IU or previous season Purdue?

What does that have to do with the "diving on the floor" comment?

Not going back and forth with you. Frankly I don’t care enough about Purdue to answer your question.

Just the laziness of the opinion that our guys didn't hustle or dive for a loose ball is such a juvenile take. 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2024 at 8:24 AM, ledies22 said:

My point was making 5 out of 7 Sweet Sixteens is not “abstract failure” in March. Seeding is irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

My point was making 5 out of 7 Sweet Sixteens is not “abstract failure” in March. Seeding is irrelevant. 

seeding is not irrelevant. The seeding of the tournament is a marker for how good your team is during the regular season. Which back the original point of Purdue is great regular season and disappointing in the tournament. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ledies22 said:

seeding is not irrelevant. The seeding of the tournament is a marker for how good your team is during the regular season. Which back the original point of Purdue is great regular season and disappointing in the tournament. 

Hard to argue with facts 

10 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So you've never watched the NCAA Tournament?

If I skip the 2nd half of blowouts 

I can DVR & watch every game 

by 3 am I’m caught up and exhausted 

By noon the next day I’m ready to go 

The last time I missed any games was for the ARMY….luckily the Captain loved Kansas so we got to watch that 

it is easily my favorite sporting event