Big Ten Basketball 2024-2025

37 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I am going to resist the urge to watch this, as they always get my hopes up of some player being a stud and it not panning out. Last year Cupps was the talk of the town. Year before I can't remember. Before that it was P Stew.

They're pretty good at asking 'what does the intel mean?'

Like on the 'intel' about Jakai - how athletic he is - they say it's not surprising, but can he play? 

Or on the positive intel about Tucker's offense and that his defense will come along - they ask how much time will he see this year, if his defense isn't there yet. 

Edited by tdhoosier

Just now, tdhoosier said:

They're pretty good at asking 'what does the intel mean mean?'

Like on the 'intel' about Jakai - how athletic he is - they say it's not surprising, but can he play? 

Or on the positive intel about Tucker's offense and that his defense will come along - they ask how much time will he see this year, if his defense isn't there yet. 

Thanks. I just got caught in the trap the last few seasons where everything is sunshine and rainbows during the offseason. then I get severely disappointed with individual players, because the offseason hype doesnt match on court product.

Just something i am going to try this year. 

• Like 4

The B1G added new schools, new coaches and some talented players. I am interested in seeing how the league stacks up as the season unfolds.

Im curious to see how the new schools will stack up after a full season in this league and how quickly May and Musselman are able to adapt with their brand new teams and league.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/big-ten-basketball-top-25-incoming-freshmen-recruits-for-2024-25-season

25 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

They're pretty good at asking 'what does the intel mean mean?'

The most encouraging thing to me was the talk of Myles Rice's leadership abilities...I thought our leadership was lacking at times last year...

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The most encouraging thing to me was the talk of Myles Rice's leadership abilities...I thought our leadership was lacking at times last year...

Just last night I watched the Matt loves ball highlights of Washington States win in the tournament. Miles was involved in a few offensive plays but the thing that stood out to me only one or two of Drake’s baskets involved Miles on defense. He must have been doing his job defensively!

• Like 1

The other thing the 2 guys in the video worried about, Rice and Carlyle's shooting, I don't think is that much of an issue...

Rice shot 33% (about average) from 3 in his first 26 games. Starting 2/22 in his last 9 games he shot .071 😯

Carlyle shot 36% in his first 16 games (he didn't play until mid December because of academic issues) but after 2/22 (musta been "Freshman Hit the 3 Point Wall Day" @Drroogh 😁) he shot only 22% in his last 8 games. 

We get 35% from 3 for both, I'll take it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

The other thing the 2 guys in the video worried about, Rice and Carlyle's shooting, I don't think is that much of an issue...

Rice shot 33% (about average) from 3 in his first 26 games. Starting 2/22 in his last 9 games he shot .071 😯

Carlyle shot 36% in his first 16 games (he didn't play until mid December because of academic issues) but after 2/22 (musta been "Freshman Hit the 3 Point Wall Day" @Drroogh 😁) he shot only 22% in his last 8 games. 

I'm more concerned about our offense getting shooters good looks. 

I'm pretty skeptical until it happens.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Just last night I watched the Matt loves ball highlights of Washington States win in the tournament. Miles was involved in a few offensive plays but the thing that stood out to me only one or two of Drake’s baskets involved Miles on defense. He must have been doing his job defensively!

Last night, I watched the Naughty Nurses at Night reunion episode.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

So, both of them finished the season in a 2-22 slump?  

It takes a lot of positivity to feel good about that.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

couple of factors could have contributed. Maybe the first part of the season is who they are. Maybe the last 9 games is who they are in terms of shooting. 

I am hoping it is more of.... from what little I know of them last season, they kinda put the team on their back. maybe playing 35+ minutes a game with a high usage rate lead to fatigue in the last part of the season. Hopefully IU has enough talent where they dont have to be relied upon going 125% for every play for 35 minutes.

Edited by ledies22

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm no doctor, but I am going to go ahead and guess that being 2 years removed from cancer leaves you with a lot more stamina than only being one year removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

No, 2/22/2024 was the date both seemed to go into their slumps...I cited the differences in shooting percentage in the OP...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiminNC said:

I'm more concerned about our offense getting shooters good looks. 

I'm pretty skeptical until it happens.  

I think we got good looks last year...we just didn't make them...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I saw this on X from Rapheal Davis (who I think is terrible)...

Here are Jeremiah Williams career stats...

image.png.42102c593f09b724ac666e3d7de56f7c.png

21% from 3 last year, and overall 26%...How does that work out to 40% this year?

and here's the NBA scouting report on Harper...

"Capable of shooting from distance and shows shooting touch but lacks some arc and can improve 3PT consistency. Shot 33.3% 3PT% on 4.5 3PT attempts per game over the Nike EYBL and 25% 3PT% on 2.9 3PT attempts per game at the U19 World Cup in 2023"

That was against high school kids...

Sorry, not seeing it...

Edited by IUFLA

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I saw this on X from Rapheal Davis (who I think is terrible)...

Here are Jeremiah Williams career stats...

image.png.42102c593f09b724ac666e3d7de56f7c.png

21% from 3 last year, and overall 26%...How does that work out to 40% this year?

and here's the NBA scouting report on Harper...

"Capable of shooting from distance and shows shooting touch but lacks some arc and can improve 3PT consistency. Shot 33.3% 3PT% on 4.5 3PT attempts per game over the Nike EYBL and 25% 3PT% on 2.9 3PT attempts per game at the U19 World Cup in 2023"

That was against high school kids...

Sorry, not seeing it...

I think he’s saying they NEED a 40% shooter on the wing. But yeah Rapheal is horrible. And he thinks Adam Smith is the second coming????

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I think he’s saying they NEED a 40% shooter on the wing. But yeah Rapheal is horrible. And he thinks Adam Smith is the second coming????

Yep, you're right...Misread...

But where they getting that from?

And I'm still not buying Rutgers...

Edited by IUFLA