On 7/15/2024 at 3:36 PM, ledies22 said:

Interesting 

IMG_2640.jpeg

Why would he leave his home country’s national team who is imo the best team in the world with tons of young talent as well and probably favorites to win the World Cup in 26 to coach us?? Especially after just renewing his contract..strange…I’d take him for sure but really strange.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Why would he leave his home country’s national team who is imo the best team in the world with tons of young talent as well and probably favorites to win the World Cup in 26 to coach us?? Especially after just renewing his contract..strange…I’d take him for sure but really strange.

It’s everywhere. There is smoke. I saw he contacted US Soccer 2 days prior to winning Euros. Hopefully he’s still interested. And hopefully this isn’t a scenario where they are using each other as sources and there is fire…. 😬 this would be a knock it out of the ballpark. 

• Like 1

Well the US men’s Olympic team picking up where the NT left off. I will say they at least created more chances than their counter part NT. It’s crazy as the players get older our teams get worse. It’s like the world catches up to our athleticism and size/strength and when the game requires more skillful touches, more nuance, more intelligence and strategy about positioning and making runs and touch on passes and the ball at our feet…we fall way back.

At least we had some interesting moments today but we struggled with them.

• 3 weeks later...