2024 Olympic Games

4 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Lol, Lebron gets the game-winner with 8 seconds left and the U.S. avoids a huge embarrassment. Hopefully this isn't a sign of what's to come. 

In other news, the women's Olympic team kinda got owned tonight by the WNBA young uns. Maybe they should have picked more of the younger players? idk

22 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

In other news, the women's Olympic team kinda got owned tonight by the WNBA young uns. Maybe they should have picked more of the younger players? idk

Same thing happened 3 years ago. Not sure it means a whole lot. 

Some preliminary competitions start on Wednesday and Thursday. Including team USA men’s football against the home team France as well as the USA men’s rugby 7’s again against France! The USA women’s football team plays Zambia on Thursday!

13 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Lol, Lebron gets the game-winner with 8 seconds left and the U.S. avoids a huge embarrassment. Hopefully this isn't a sign of what's to come. 

I'll make the prediction now.  They will NOT win Gold.

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Train attacks in France and rain for the opening ceremonies.  Not a good start to the 2024 Paris Olympics.  

Maybe they should have had the opening ceremonies on the day the events actually began. Probably made too much sense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Maybe they should have had the opening ceremonies on the day the events actually began. Probably made too much sense. 

Yeah, how lame is it that most of the Rugby 7’s Olympics are over before they even have the opening ceremony?!?!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Yeah, how lame is it that most of the Rugby 7’s Olympics are over before they even have the opening ceremony?!?!

Hard to believe we are so bad in Rugby…I mean I know it isn’t the most popular sport here but dang we got waxed by Fiji (granted probably a medal favorite). I mean it was embarrassing.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hard to believe we are so bad in Rugby…I mean I know it isn’t the most popular sport here but dang we got waxed by Fiji (granted probably a medal favorite). I mean it was embarrassing.

We get payback during the Break Dancing competition, I imagine.   😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

Losing to Fiji isn’t that bad.  They’ve won gold the last two Olympics.  It’s their national sport too.  You probably knew all this already…but I had no idea.   😁✌️

5 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Losing to Fiji isn’t that bad.  They’ve won gold the last two Olympics.  It’s their national sport too.  You probably knew all this already…but I had no idea.   😁✌️

I did…but it’s crazy we are that far removed from the top when it’s essentially football without pads (minus) but the forward pass. Hard to believe we don’t have the athletes to at least be competitive.

• Like 1

US basketball team comes out flat and looking unprepared.  Stolen inbound passes and generally sloppy play.  Serbia giving them a good game.  US coming back on  3 point shooting.  US leads 25-20 as first quarter ends.  

Edited by jv1972iu

47 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Pissed, not seeing any of my sport, fencing! On top of that the lead has a British accent? What is up with that?

I just signed into Peacock to check for you.  I do see Fencing out there.  It shows 'concluded', but I think you can watch On Demand if you have Peacock.