Transfer Portal News

btownqb

On 6/30/2024 at 9:21 PM, Jseebold said:

Hello all. I am John Seebold, Gavin’s dad. We are very excited to be a part of Indiana baseball and can’t wait for the upcoming season. Going to be a fun year!

Very happy to have him.  

Should be a great season! 

• Like 1

Believe the portal is now closed for players that HC didn't leave. Ryan Rushing ended up in the portal... 

He and Keyster would be the two I would be bummed about at all. But I like the lefty from Delaware. (Rushing/Keyster are both LHP).. 

Again, basically no significant players in the portal, which has been the MO of this program under Mercer--- we've not had guys leave us. Knock on wood. 

Now to the draft--- feels like Cerny will be back with Foley and Sinnard gone. IF, for some reason, Foley or Sinnard are a Hoosier next year-- thank the high heavens. Pyne could for sure be back too. 

Tibbitts, Mathison, Mitchell, Sinnard, Foley all getting drafted would be pretty cool. All 5 of those kids weren't top notch/can't miss prospects out of HS. They were identified and developed. 

• Like 1

Bothwell, Buhr, Colopy, Murrison, maybe Manase, Rybarczyk

Tibbitts, Foley, Sinnard, Mathison, Mitchell

Carlson, Katkzee, Keyster, Bode, Rushing, Whiteaker, Bakes, Sefcik, Ball, Ey, Phillips, Bruckel, Tonghini, Phillips.. 

That's 25 on our 2024 roster that won't be on 2025s. 

5 transfers in so far and 15 FR (2 of which could be drafted).. one could assume we have 5 spots left.  

We did have 2 pitchers (Albright and Zajac) that weren't on the roster as TR FR, that will be in the spring. 

Albright is starting games in the summer league and has done well. 

Grable and Bohnert could throw next season too. 

Another arm! 

LHP-- started 14 games this season and has started 4 games in summer ball. 

96IP this year combined...

2.81ERA 1.22WHIP 

In general-- there was a lot of evidence this season that experienced arms from lower levels (I mean that respectfully).. can have success in high major D1. 

D2, D3, lower levels of D1... 

WVUs Friday night guy was a D2 kid, UCONN had a plethora of them.. etc etc. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

@Jseebold pretty confident Weisheit is transferring? If so, I'm loving the arms we've grabbed. 

Saw they shut him down for arm soreness this summer. Vogel is shut down too. 

He told my son he committed lol. Just haven’t seen it made public yet. Not trying to steal his thunder just wanted everyone to know. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jseebold said:

He told my son he committed lol. Just haven’t seen it made public yet. Not trying to steal his thunder just wanted everyone to know. 

I believe ya! 

4 of the 5 arms we've grabbed this off season have been Indiana kids. 3 from the 812

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...