Preseason 2024-2025 predictions

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I like how the roster has come together.  The staff did a really good job building each position group.  

I like our chances for a bowl game if Rourke stays healthy.  I am not sure you can win at this level with any other QB on the roster.  The other guys have talent but there are so many things that go into winning play at the position.  If Rourke goes down, the staff will have their work cut out for them getting the rest of the roster to really help carry the backup and create success.

I have confidence in Jackson with solid coaching and offensive philosophy.  He will be a good player.  He shouldn't be judged on last year.  Not that you are judging him but there are others out there that will.  

Edited by TiminNC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TiminNC said:

I have confidence in Jackson with solid coaching and offensive philosophy.  He will be a good player.  He shouldn't be judged on last year.  Not that you are judging him but there are others out there that will.  

Thanks, Tim. I am definitely trying not to rip on anyone.  Just pointing out that winning QB play requires a lot of intangibles and fundamentals from reading defenses, assessing pre snap movements, executing on a consistent basis, having toughness both mentally and taking a hit, etc.   That’s just a lot to put on anyone who hasn’t shown enough in these respects.  I do like this staff a lot.  I’m just expressing a concern for what might prevent a bowl season.  Certainly not trying to knock any individual and you acknowledged I wasn’t doing that.  

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Seemed like a pretty lazy effort in analyzing teams and projecting standings. I would guess history played more into that pick than substance.  If nothing else, it's bulletin board material for coach.

21 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Nothing surprises me at all when it comes to IU football.Captain Obvious here, but….I mean, we have done absolutely nothing the past several years to be mentioned with respect. I’m in the same boat as any IU fan, I’m frustrated with the lack of consistent wins, bowl appearances and improved, overall team performances.

Now this year IU is going to be much different. IMHO, Coach Cignetti is exactly what IU has needed and we will finally be getting some positive attention. On paper, Coach Cignetti did a bang up job in the transfer portal, putting IU in a good spot to shot everyone what it’s made of. All due respect to Coach Allen for what he was trying to do at IU, but there was ZERO chance he could get Lucas to come visit IU , let alone twice! Things WILL be much different this season and much better….I just don’t know how much better until we can land a surprise “W” over a good team.
Let’s face it, until we win games this year, we are still the doormat that IU has been years. 

38 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Nothing surprises me at all when it comes to IU football.Captain Obvious here, but….I mean, we have done absolutely nothing the past several years to be mentioned with respect. I’m in the same boat as any IU fan, I’m frustrated with the lack of consistent wins, bowl appearances and improved, overall team performances.

Now this year IU is going to be much different. IMHO, Coach Cignetti is exactly what IU has needed and we will finally be getting some positive attention. On paper, Coach Cignetti did a bang up job in the transfer portal, putting IU in a good spot to shot everyone what it’s made of. All due respect to Coach Allen for what he was trying to do at IU, but there was ZERO chance he could get Lucas to come visit IU , let alone twice! Things WILL be much different this season and much better….I just don’t know how much better until we can land a surprise “W” over a good team.
Let’s face it, until we win games this year, we are still the doormat that IU has been years. 

It will all come down to the same thing it's come down to the last several seasons. Can IU stop anyone. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

That will be the true mark of change!!! 

It would be nice to see some sacks and playmaking along the line. It seems like forever since we've had any sort of presence in the trenches on the defensive side. Over the past several seasons the only way we won was when the other team abandoned what was successful offensively, semi over-coaching in regards to play calling ie running when they were getting whatever they wanted through the air and vice versa. If nothing else I am excited to see a different approach and confident that this staff will be aligned and well organized. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...