IU Basketball Schedule '24/25

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So both suck and one won't have any interest from fans? 

Our schedule sucks, the home non conference schedule is a joke. 

Get use the it because as long as the committee uses some of these metrics you will see more and more teams scheduling like this. 

When I was a kid we had 10 non conference games and had 4 constants UK, ND, Hoosier Classic and the Indiana Classics. So that is 6 out of the 10 right there and other 4 were usually against a couple MAC level schools and lower power conference teams like Kansas St or Iowa St at that time. Also back then we had 4 conference games that was pretty much a win every year in UW and NW. It isn't like we always have played all good the great teams in the non conference.

• 3 weeks later...

Atlantis bracket is out. I like it. Beat Louisville and we get a top ten Gonzaga game. As long as Arizona takes care of Davidson we'll have another solid high major opponent in game 3. There's at least a chance we could get both Gonzaga and Arizona on the schedule.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Atlantis bracket is out. I like it. Beat Louisville and we get a top ten Gonzaga game. As long as Arizona takes care of Davidson we'll have another solid high major opponent in game 3. There's at least a chance we could get both Gonzaga and Arizona on the schedule.

Agreed, that’s a good draw. Davidson is the only team projected to be outside the top 100, so I’m glad they’re on the opposite side of the bracket. Still need to win vs Louisville to make sure we get the matchup vs Gonzaga, but things are setup well to get a much needed marquee game or two on our resume.

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Games at noon on Blackout Wednesday? Christ, hope we play well. 

Play at noon the next day, as well...NFL games not until 1230/1240 on Thanksgiving (don't lose to UL). Glorious day. Glorious. 

Ok so we have Noon on Wednesday and Noon opposite of Bears/Lions Thanksgiving Thursday. When would final game be at by chance? Need to prioritize the holiday schedule. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok so we have Noon on Wednesday and Noon opposite of Bears/Lions Thanksgiving Thursday. When would final game be at by chance? Need to prioritize the holiday schedule. 

Ship is 530 on Friday

Black Friday game is at 3pm 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ink isn't even dry on the paper and the press starts their crap...

"make no mistake about the coach playing a game he needs to win Nov. 27. That coach is Woodson." 

🙄

There was a time where I actually liked most of his stuff. Now he's in charge of carrying the company water and getting this stuff out there right away. Bozich feels like a Illinois or Purdue type beat writer lately. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There was a time where I actually liked most of his stuff. Now he's in charge of carrying the company water and getting this stuff out there right away. Bozich feels like a Illinois or Purdue type beat writer lately. 

Was one of the first to put out an article after the Hoosier Hysterics podcast a few months back, too.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There was a time where I actually liked most of his stuff. Now he's in charge of carrying the company water and getting this stuff out there right away. Bozich feels like an Illinois or Purdue type beat writer lately. 

I mean, he’s not wrong. Given the weak non-conference slate, it IS important to get a marquee win or two down there. I would say it’s common knowledge that his seat is warm right? We all think we have better pieces than last year and have a chance to be pretty good. But end of the day, CMW needs results this year, regardless of the positive vibes going on right now. Not sure what’s off-putting about the article. Pretty accurate IMO whether some like the truth or not. 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I mean, he’s not wrong. Given the weak non-conference slate, it IS important to get a marquee win or two down there. I would say it’s common knowledge that his seat is warm right? We all think we have better pieces than last year and have a chance to be pretty good. But end of the day, CMW needs results this year, regardless of the positive vibes going on right now. Not sure what’s off-putting about the article. Pretty accurate IMO whether some like the truth or not. 

I don't for a second believe his seat is warm. That's just me though.

In terms of schedule the Big 12 made the manipulation of NET rankings pretty loud and clear. I don't see a reason to load up and once the dust settles if we play not just UL but Gonzaga and Arizona I don't think with the exception of maybe 2 other Big 10 programs will have a more difficult preseason. 

Regarding his article. It would take a blind brother in law or blind judge not to see the point. Bozich had that thing locked and loaded and as soon as the schedule was released he hit send. That's some Doyel stuff. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Was one of the first to put out an article after the Hoosier Hysterics podcast a few months back, too.

Yep....seems he's been paying more attention to things across the Ohio to deflect the dumpster the hometown program has been for years.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

In terms of schedule the Big 12 made the manipulation of NET rankings pretty loud and clear. I don't see a reason to load up and once the dust settles if we play not just UL but Gonzaga and Arizona I don't think with the exception of maybe 2 other Big 10 programs will have a more difficult preseason. 

Regarding his article. It would take a blind brother in law or blind judge not to see the point. Bozich had that thing locked and loaded and as soon as the schedule was released he hit send. That's some Doyel stuff. 

Maybe from an administrative perspective his seat isn’t warm. I’m not an insider to be able to answer that. But I don’t know how it couldn’t be. Again JMO.

I understand we COULD play Gonzaga and Arizona, but not if we lose to Louisville. But, maybe more-so this year than in the past the non-conference strength is less important given the addition of UCLA and Oregon. Idk. Just win in the league and we’ll be fine. Flirt around with .500 or just below, we’ll be hoping we have wins against Louisville and Gonzaga. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Living in NKY, I don’t see much of Bozich, but didn’t think the article was that instigating towards CMW. Just felt like it spoke to what many people see and feel. But I get that it’s a sensitive topic for some. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I mean in order to play Gonzaga and Arizona, we have to beat Louisville. I think that’s the whole point of the quote, even if it is a little dramatic

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Ink isn't even dry on the paper and the press starts their crap...

"make no mistake about the coach playing a game he needs to win Nov. 27. That coach is Woodson." 

🙄

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly don't disagree with a thing he said.  Payne may be gone, but losing to this Louisville team with the roster we have would be very bad.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Honestly don't disagree with a thing he said.  Payne may be gone, but losing to this Louisville team with the roster we have would be very bad.

I don't think that has to be said is all I'm saying....but as RB is a lifelong White Sox fan his insecurities get in the way of some of his journalism. To float the well they should beat us and if they don't that's big troubles for them stuff in August is pretty weak. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1