Kel’el Ware Drafted 15th by the Miami Heat!

21 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Kel’el off to a good summer league start - 12 pts/6 rbs/5 blks in 24 min against the Warriors. TJD - DNP coaches decision.

Thought he played pretty well, but had a terrible shooting night.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

If he ends up getting PT in regular season and even half producing like this how would you not want to come to IU as a big man when back to back years TJD and Ware produce as rookies. If im Moreno im licking my chops at the thought of what IU can do for me

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Watching him with 4 shooters and all that space is scary 

Steal of the draft!

Hopefully they can find a fit with Bam otherwise minutes might be tough 

Unfortunately, the greatest waste of talent (as far as team performance) in IU history, was George McGinnis, Eric Gordon and Kel'el Ware.

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Unfortunately, the greatest waste of talent (as far as team performance) in IU history, was George McGinnis, Eric Gordon and Kel'el Ware.

The case can be made. All of those listed lacked something around them. Big George was the best to me. If he had stayed, and I get why he didn't, there would have been a banner in 1973.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cthomas said:

The case can be made. All of those listed lacked something around them. Big George was the best to me. If he had stayed, and I get why he didn't, there would have been a banner in 1973.

Gordon was on a potential Final Four team until it all got blown apart. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Now imagine being a Kentucky fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Gordon's team was playing as well as anyone in the country and a F4 candidate until our Admin decided to give itself the death penalty for a parking ticket.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Gordon's team was playing as well as anyone in the country and a F4 candidate until our Admin decided to give itself the death penalty for a parking ticket.

Quite true, but some of the players on that team were a little hard to like from a character standpoint. And Coach Sampson deserves a bit of blame for how things turned out as well. The administration spectacularly overreacted without a doubt.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Quite true, but some of the players on that team were a little hard to like from a character standpoint. And Coach Sampson deserves a bit of blame for how things turned out as well. The administration spectacularly overreacted without a doubt.

There was no need to blow up the program.  They could have easily sanctioned the coach, fired the coach, put the team/players on probation with drug tests and tutors.  So many options from 1 to 10.  We went directly to 10 and puffed out our chests trying to prove something.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

Probably need to add Romeo to the list.

Thought of him and Vonleh, but don’t think either proved to be in the same category. Ware still has a lot to prove at the pro level, but I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t have a good pro career

• Like 3

On 7/8/2024 at 4:17 PM, Hoosier4Life53 said:

5-12 isn’t terrible

I stopped watching after the third quarter, so maybe he picked it up, but he missed all three 3s, got blocked at the rim, and missed another jumper, I think, and think  I saw with only 2 makes.

On 7/9/2024 at 9:38 AM, OGIUAndy said:

Now imagine being a Kentucky fan. 

Hell No!!!! Not even for pretend....be like asking to imagine having sex with your sister...not the pretty one either, the one that gets stuck carrying the round bales in cause the spike broke on the tractor..,,

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Hell No!!!! Not even for pretend....be like asking to imagine having sex with your sister...not the pretty one either, the one that gets stuck carrying the round bales in cause the spike broke on the tractor..,,

That's disturbingly specific...

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Another great game tonight for Kel’el in a win against the Mavs - 24 pts, 10 rbs and 3 blk. The Heat must be very happy.

IU fans can debate a lot of things about the state of the program, both in the Big Ten and nationally.

But, one thing that can't be debated is that Indiana was absolutely the right place for Kel'el Ware to be last season.

Very happy for him.  Beyond basketball, he seems to be a genuinely good person as well.

• Like 6