March Madness 2024

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Luther Vandross’s version of One Shining Moment is the best version, and second isn’t close. Fight me. 

I take the original version. I love One Shining Moment but it is sad when it ends. Now it is another 7 months until college basketball comes back

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Most people would be pretty pumped about that no?  

We would be sad…but we would switch seasons with you in a minute. It’s hard to win a Natty. You usually need to build a culture of success getting there a few times…or have a generational player. I know it sucks watching IU soccer come runner up so much lately but if you keep getting there you will eventually come out on top. That said I don’t think you will find safe quarters on an IU board tonight or for awhile. Its literally all most have oh here is the past because our present sucks.

• Like 4

Just now, IU Scott said:

I take the original version. I love One Shining Moment but it is sad when it ends. Now it is another 7 months until college basketball comes back

This will be the first OSM I will have watched since 2002. Swore that I’d never watch one until IU had #6. 

I’m giving myself a one year exemption just to see if someone snuck in. 

• Like 1

Alright now onto more important matters than discussing an inevitability of UConn winning this game and Purdue always flamming out when the pressure is on! I really felt like UConn was Thanos in this scenario and there was no Avengers! After seeing the F IU and IU Sucks chant honestly it isn't even worth our time anymore to discuss Purdue. We have more important things to talk about such as how paint dries! 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Having numerous family and friends who graduated from there, I actually did want Purdue to win…for them, so they could actually experience it in their lifetime….until I saw that twitter post, then it was back to eat sh*t Purdouche. 

Half my friends went to PU. I still didn't want them to win. I could have acted like I was happy for them, but inside I'd be still pissed IU hasn't sniffed it in 22 years.  

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Pumped? No. Bittersweet appreciation maybe. 2002 stung for awhile. 

Perspective I think. After so much heartbreak for us it was awesome to finally slay the non-F4 dragon/demon. You guys haven’t had that same dragon historically. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

The idea of Matt Painter being wet, damp or moist in any way is just….unnatural. 

I see what you did there. I honestly was going for the most mundane and boring thing we could talk about and yet you all never let me down to take it a completely different way! I didn't even think about his last name being Painter. 

4 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

With all due respect, you dont win the BigTen regular season and reach the national title game without every player/position facing legit pressure.

I do agree, UCONN may be next level. But the mantra that Purdue guards can't handle pressure has kinda been dismantled all season. 

Perimeter defense won this game.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Half my friends went to PU. I still didn't want them to win. I could have acted like I was happy for them, but inside I'd be still pissed IU hasn't sniffed it in 22 years.  

Ok, since the tournament is over, I can actually disclose my true position. 

It’s something I never thought I’d ever do, but yes, I was genuinely pulling for Purdue, only because the deeper the run they made, the more my girlfriend benefitted. If she were just a fan or alum, hell no. But being able to say you were on the sidelines for a Final Four and a National Championship game…that’s an experience of a lifetime, so of course I wanted her to have that. 

However, since she graduates in about 5 weeks, things can return to their natural order next year. 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

100% truth, about 45 seconds into our first date, I thought “Well…I’ve officially made my last Purdue/fat chick joke”. 

Lol. 

My wife is from Illinois.  When it's right its right.

I've turned her into a hoosier though. At least when it comes to Illinois.  

Just now, pinkroync said:

Lol. 

My wife is from Illinois.  When it's right its right.

I've turned her into a hoosier though. At least when it comes to Illinois.  

Ha….technically so am I. Grew up literally about 6 miles from the Wabash, so I spent just about as much time in IN as I did IL.

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

Ha….technically so am I. Grew up literally about 6 miles from the Wabash, so I spent just about as much time in IN as I did IL.

Southern part of IL?  There's a big difference.  My wife is from Central Illinois about 4 hours north from where I grew up. 

2 minutes ago, pinkroync said:

Southern part of IL?  There's a big difference.  My wife is from Central Illinois about 4 hours north from where I grew up. 

Affirmative. Find Vincennes on the map and go just across the river. 

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Affirmative. Find Vincennes on the map and go just across the river. 

Lawrenceville or Mt Carmel?

I'm from Washington, not too far across the Wabash.  Done a lot of fishing in that river. 

42 minutes ago, pinkroync said:

Lawrenceville or Mt Carmel?

I'm from Washington, not too far across the Wabash.  Done a lot of fishing in that river. 

Address was Lawrenceville, but went to Red Hill (Bridgeport) schools. 

• Like 1