March Madness 2024

Can someone give me the cliff notes on the rigged talk lately? Wasn't sure where this all started.

In terms of the tourney though I'm not discounting Bama or NC State at all....but I'd love to watch Hurley go Mount St Helens in a game where he watched in person what Edey either gets away with or how his games are called.

Steratore came as close to anyone this past weekend when he chuckled that Edey had zero fouls with 16 minutes to go.

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Know those groups that say that the lizard people are going to take over the Earth? That's the same thing they say. 

In a prior life, this would be a perfect lead-in to a Purdue cheerleader joke.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Then, why do you watch?  

I gave up all sports except for college basketball, the last stand. But the portal and NIL and other monies have severely damaged the game as we knew it. The refs are the handlers of the outcome for the most part. As more money gets pushed into sports the more obvious it becomes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Everyone complaining about Edey would sacrifice their left testicle if he were to announce he's grad transferring to IU to play ball next year.

Zero doubt. All of the people on social media calling him Foul Ming would take him in a heartbeat. It’s honestly pretty wild the amount of hate he gets. But I just laugh at all of the lazy/bad takes people come up with. 

30 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

I gave up all sports except for college basketball, the last stand. But the portal and NIL and other monies have severely damaged the game as we knew it. The refs are the handlers of the outcome for the most part. As more money gets pushed into sports the more obvious it becomes.

IMG_8331.gif

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Zero doubt. All of the people on social media calling him Foul Ming would take him in a heartbeat. It’s honestly pretty wild the amount of hate he gets. But I just laugh at all of the lazy/bad takes people come up with. 

Most of the frustration stems from the disparity in how the game is called with him. On one possession in the TN game, he hipchecked a TN defender at the top of the key, then discarded another to grab an offensive rebound. Two obvious fouls that weren’t called, then he got the rebound and went to the foul line. 

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Most of the frustration stems from the disparity in how the game is called with him. On one possession in the TN game, he hipchecked a TN defender at the top of the key, then discarded another to grab an offensive rebound. Two obvious fouls that weren’t called, then he got the rebound and went to the foul line. 

For those two obvious fouls that weren’t called, how many do you think go uncalled when he’s on offense? Obviously there’s no way to know that but Ant Wright on X has done a breakdown of how many fouls could’ve been called on Edey and how many he could’ve drawn. IIRC, his number was 3 and the fouls against was in the 20’s. Those weren’t what were actually called but he went through play by play and pointed out what COULD’VE been called. Does he get away with fouls? Of course. But for every foul he gets away with, the defense gets away with a multiple of that number. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

For those two obvious fouls that weren’t called, how many do you think go uncalled when he’s on offense? Obviously there’s no way to know that but Ant Wright on X has done a breakdown of how many fouls could’ve been called on Edey and how many he could’ve drawn. IIRC, his number was 3 and the fouls against was in the 20’s. Those weren’t what were actually called but he went through play by play and pointed out what COULD’VE been called. Does he get away with fouls? Of course. But for every foul he gets away with, the defense gets away with a multiple of that number. 

Do you think it changes the game if he had 3 fouls called on him in a first half versus being 8 minutes into a second half with zero fouls? 

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Do you think it changes the game if he had 3 fouls called on him in a first half versus being 8 minutes into a second half with zero fouls? 

Obviously it’d change the game. But if 3 fouls were called on him in a half, how many would be called on the defense. If you told me 3 were called on him but 10-15 were called on the defense, I’d say yeah that’s probably pretty accurate on what could be called if they didn’t let anything go. 

I remember a play from the TN game where he was backing a guy down in the post and the guy literally had two hands on him/grabbing him the whole time. And the announcers were like, they have to call this foul right?! It took the refs like 7 seconds before they finally blew the whistle. 

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Everyone complaining about Edey would sacrifice their left testicle if he were to announce he's grad transferring to IU to play ball next year.

I could sacrifice something else OR better yet, someone else’s left testicle 😂😂 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

From what I’ve seen, a good number of folks don’t understand the college 3-second rule because what Edey does is perfectly legal. 

You just keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

From what I’ve seen, a good number of folks don’t understand the college 3-second rule because what Edey does is perfectly legal. 

Well of course it is.. but why do you qualify it as "the college 3-second" rule. Is the college rule different than what we all understand, in players ages form 5 - 50? Are there different rules, and that is why you specify "college 3 second rule"?  

He's obviously worked hard on his craft, I have to appreciate that. But he does get away with  A LOT !!!!! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Well of course it is.. but why do you qualify it as "the college 3-second" rule. Is the college rule different than what we all understand, in players ages form 5 - 50? Are there different rules, and that is why you specify "college 3 second rule"?  

He's obviously worked hard on his craft, I have to appreciate that. But he does get away with  A LOT !!!!! 

Yes it’s different. Lifting his foot that’s in the lane resets the 3-second count (if the other foot is outside the lane) which isn’t a thing in basically every other league. 

• Like 1