2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

12 hours ago, KDB said:

Interesting the article puts us 10th. Their actual rankings have us #2 behind only Arkansas.

We are second in portal overall but this is different because it scores it differently. I don’t know how they have Mason Gillis ranked over either of our guards though. Just because he’s experienced doesn’t mean he’s good so it’s hard for me to trust this article for that alone. 

• Like 1

Jayon Wells (WSU), Trevon Brazile (Arkansas), and Coleman Hawkins (Illinois) are interesting possible transfers that could help IU reach the 2025 Final Four.  Who should we focus on with social media buzz?  Myles Rice (teammate of Wells) and Luke Goode (teammate of Hawkins) may be able to put in a good word for considering the Hoosiers and a possible NCAA Championship – GO HOOSIERS!

1 hour ago, HOOSIER CHAMPS said:

Jayon Wells (WSU), Trevon Brazile (Arkansas), and Coleman Hawkins (Illinois) are interesting possible transfers that could help IU reach the 2025 Final Four.  Who should we focus on with social media buzz?  Myles Rice (teammate of Wells) and Luke Goode (teammate of Hawkins) may be able to put in a good word for considering the Hoosiers and a possible NCAA Championship – GO HOOSIERS!

Not a chance on any of them. They will go to places where they can start and they wouldn't here 

• Like 4

Just now, IUFLA said:

I'm sure that's gonna be the story...

Not really that hard to fathom.  It’s not like he wouldn’t have known about Purdue’s NIL before arriving on campus.  I’m sure it’s possible other programs tampered and offered him a bag recently but I’m guessing he showed up, wanted to be guaranteed a starting spot, Painter said nope, and the kid wasn’t happy and left. And if that’s what happened, kudos to Painter for being honest and not caving. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not really that hard to fathom.  It’s not like he wouldn’t have known about Purdue’s NIL before arriving on campus.  I’m sure it’s possible other programs tampered and offered him a bag recently but I’m guessing he showed up, wanted to be guaranteed a starting spot, Painter said nope, and the kid wasn’t happy and left. And if that’s what happened, kudos to Painter for being honest and not caving. 

So he got on campus and then demanded to be a starter? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2024 at 8:46 AM, IU Scott said:

What does the quote about Sisley means. Dies it mean that Woodson isn't 100% sold on him.

I don’t know about that. I just think it means he’s looking at options. I wouldn’t put to much thought into that statement right now. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I don’t know about that. I just think it means he’s looking at options. I wouldn’t put to much thought into that statement right now. 

Would IU take Moreno, Haralson,  Mullins and Sisley if all want to commit right now?? I would hope so but I am not sure. I think Woody likes the portal too much to fill a big chunk of the roster with incoming Freshman. What are your thoughts on that. 

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Would IU take Moreno, Haralson,  Mullins and Sisley if all want to commit right now?? I would hope so but I am not sure. I think Woody likes the portal too much to fill a big chunk of the roster with incoming Freshman. What are your thoughts on that. 

I would still hope he would want to build his roster with high school recruits. To me it is still the best way to build a foundation for a great program. You should use the portal to fill needs and not to build your roster.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Personally I think that class would be the exception especially because he probably still gets 3-4 in the portal regardless. After 2025 he probably only tries to get 2-3 high school players max a year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I would still hope he would want to build his roster with high school recruits. To me it is still the best way to build a foundation for a great program. You should use the portal to fill needs and not to build your roster.

I'm not sure you can do it just one was anymore, at least while revenue sharing and transfer rules are still up in the air...Right now it's like if pro sports let the vast majority of players be free agents at the end of each year, and didn't have a draft...

Coach Woodson did look for kids that had some eligibility left after this year, and that's probably a smart thing to do...But at the end of each year you're going to have to evaluate based on who you're losing through both graduation and the portal...

I think Woody has a good grip on the future going by this article from @The Daily Hoosier

“We had no choice. We had guys that left. We had guys that graduated. That’s the new norm, now, guys,” head coach Mike Woodson said at IU’s annual event at Huber Winery and Vineyards. “This is not like the Bob Knight days where you could build your team over three, four years and trust the process. Our process now is changing every year because you don’t know who’s coming and who’s going. And it was a busy summer because we had to fill a lot of holes based on who left and the guys that graduated.

“It’s what it is. You just don’t know. I would love to grow a team with high school kids and they stay with me for four years. But those days are gone,” Woodson said. “You’ll get a player that’s disgruntled, ‘Hey, I want more minutes.’ I’m trying to put a team together that you can’t worry about minutes. It’s got to be about team and you’ve got to commit to team because then everything else takes care of itself.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1