2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Weather is terrible today 

The visits last the better part of three days. They (probably) won't get here until this afternoon 55-60. Plus tomorrow gorgeous and the same with Sunday, though, they'll only be here for the first half the day (usually). 

Just now, btownqb said:

The visits last the better part of three days. They (probably) won't get here until this afternoon 55-60. Plus tomorrow gorgeous and the same with Sunday, though, they'll only be here for the first half the day (usually). 

I thought Rice was only for a day 

• Like 1

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

If Rice and Carlyle becomes reality, we are getting TWO dynamic guards that can score, setup teammates and get past their defenders.  Now go land a top end 3pt shooter and a big to go along with Tucker and that will be a very good offseason.  

Yes, please don’t forget about a legit 3pt shooter. I’m not sure Rice or Carlyle solve that problem, and it is a huge problem!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KDB said:

To me, Conwell isn’t happening at that point unless we start Malik at the 5. Which we aren’t going to do. I think Hickman would still be gettable.

Let’s hope we can get one of those two, because we’ll still need a knock down 3pt shooter. It’s all about roster construction, and we have to get the right pieces to turn this thing around. We had 3 five stars in our lineup last year, and we all know how that turned out.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We need more than just one shooter…. my two cents. 

Well one of the guys that will lead IU in 3's next year is already on the roster. Carlyle and Rice will obviously have to show improvement. IU still wants a stretch big and a shooter

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

1. Rice, Galloway, Cupps

2. Carlyle, Hickman, Newton

3. Mgbako, Tucker

4. Reneau, TBD

5. Ballo, TBD

The Hickman spot if it's not him still has to be a SHOOTER. Humrichous would be ideal behind Malik with his shooting, but I have a feeling he will want to start somewhere (and he's good enough). 

• Like 1

Just now, KDB said:

The Hickman spot if it's not him still has to be a SHOOTER. Humrichous would be ideal behind Malik with his shooting, but I have a feeling he will want to start somewhere (and he's good enough). 

Humrichous isn't focusing on schools for a while so we'll see how rosters look in May when he starts to focus on that. Hickman or another shooter is definitely needed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Well one of the guys that will lead IU in 3's next year is already on the roster. Carlyle and Rice will obviously have to show improvement. IU still wants a stretch big and a shooter

image.gif.ed854c428d99277040e88e49bb0140fd.gif

To the first part….

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Wrong for not trusting MM to be a knock down shooter like we need? 

I get not trusting him but he’s going to be one of the guys taking a good number of 3’s. Knockdown shooters will be coming off the bench