Michigan State Post Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Nobody is making you watch or pay attention to the program. Why do something that makes you so miserable and a thing you don't enjoy.

Habit and an emotional attachment developed in our youth.

My kids aren't Indiana fans.  I mean they wear the gear and they will pop their head in and ask me who is winning from time to time, but they aren't fans like I was at their age.  If we had this Indiana growing up, there are a whole bunch of us that probably wouldn't have been fans....

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I want to address the 'true fan' comment. 

• I can be a true IU fan and still be unhappy with what I saw from the team for much of the season.
  • I can be a true IU fan and still believe there are coaches out there that could do a better job than what Mike Woodson has.
  • I can be a true IU fan and publicly express frustration over a team that can't shoot free throws and turns it over too much.
  • I can be a true IU fan and get angry when players nut-punch an opponent, get arrested for making a scene over tacos, and get suspended before a key conference game for breaking curfew.

In the last 50 years, I've probably watched, or listened to, more Indiana basketball games than anyone currently affiliated with the basketball program other than Don Fischer and, possibly, Tim Garl. 

I don't need anyone to tell me what a 'true' fan is. A lot of those fans that are now getting thrown under the bus were 100% correct over things like substitution patterns.  Do we win the game this afternoon if we went 10 or 11 deep in the 2nd half instead of 6?  We'll never know for certain, but I think most of us know the answer to that question.     

mic-drop-drop-the-mic.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Those would have been nice wins, but I think the home losses to Penn St, Nebraska and Northwestern hurt us more.

Honest question though. Did it? Sparty gets credited with Baylor Illinois and Indiana St......with 2 of the mentioned teams (I'm assuming quad 1 wins) wouldn't have that balanced it out? Or beating bad teams by 20 meant more? I truly don't follow it enough.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I wasn't rooting for us to lose in any game but the last 4 or 5 I was not getting upset over losses. I just hated the feeling of hoping for a coaching change over hoping for a win

because we havent lost

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Anything  said I the postgame about that status of Galloway's injury?

he stayed on the court after the game for over an hour signing autographs. no treatment right away doesnt signal to bad. and he stood while signing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Honest question though. Did it? Sparty gets credited with Baylor Illinois and Indiana St......with 2 of the mentioned teams (I'm assuming quad 1 wins) wouldn't have that balanced it out? Or beating bad teams by 20 meant more? I truly don't follow it enough.

It’s hard to say because the Net is so convoluted, but if we hold home court and win those games, we’re 21-10 and 13-7 in the league. Hard to imagine with that record we wouldn’t get in the NCAAs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

I have a problem if he’s referring to fans asking questions and wanting better leadership for the players. He could have answered professionally when asked at various opportunities but chose not to do so. He’s had plenty of opportunities to explain various aspects of his coaching, and he continually chooses not to. He doesn’t like being questioned. I have found him to be defensive with his answers, and thanking “true fans” is bit of a slap in the face to those who care and ask questions. 

Questioning the coach does not make one not a “true fan”, I would argue the opposite. It’s very ok for a fan to ask questions and not be pleased with leadership.

Two things can be true at the same time: one can be a fan of a team AND question aspects of coaching. These are not mutually exclusive. 

Things certainly can be true on both ends....but the phrase mutually exclusive doesn't apply. Some fans think it's a one way street. Guess what...there are people on the other side of that street that have far more invested both personally and professionally. Just a thought.

Misfired a bit. I thought two weeks ago with 4 wins we would have Penn St/Michigan winner, Northwestern, and Illinois as our path to Sunday.

We have Penn St/Michigan winner, Nebraska, Illinois as our path to Sunday.

Not bad gang. Keep the faith.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

he stayed on the court after the game for over an hour signing autographs. no treatment right away doesnt signal to bad. and he stood while signing.

Now I know what I forgot before I left good thing I have another year to get one!

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Misfired a bit. I thought two weeks ago with 4 wins we would have Penn St/Michigan winner, Northwestern, and Illinois as our path to Sunday.

We have Penn St/Michigan winner, Nebraska, Illinois as our path to Sunday.

Not bad gang. Keep the faith.

It’s a nice path. I always hate playing teams we’ve beaten twice and we are potentially on the other side of that now. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Indykev said:

To early to post this.  2 kids from Indiana are going through senior night with a year remaining. We all need to let it play out. We'll see next week.

One of those reminds me of the kid that was old enough to buy beer for me as a senior. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am not saying this was a good season but if you were told we would finish 6th before the season what would you have thought. 

i would have been a little disappointed.  not big time, but thought we would be a little better than that.  definitely thought we had the talent to be a top 25 team and make the tourney.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Link

On Mike Woodson's job security ...
Izzo: "I gotta say — mind boggling to me that Mike has won 18 games in a conference that is really difficult, from (No.) 2 to (No.) 13. And somebody's gotta stick up for him coming back next year? What a joke. What a joke, man."

Guy with exact same record as guy he is discussing says that guy did a good job.  Insert shocked face here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Matt likes to talk above people. Matt's going to eat his words this time next year.  

The Big Ten as a whole was much worse than predicted.  Finishing 6th in Big Ten preseason didn't mean the same thing after the games were played and a bunch of teams (like Michigan St.) were shown to be wildly overrated in the preseason.

(I know you realize this but things like this are just mind numbingly stupid.  It is peeing on people's heads and when they complain telling them it is rain.)

10 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Don't be jealous y'all but I got my signed certificate back from Woody this morning. 💪😎🤘

Real-Fan-Certificate.jpg

I was hoping to get one of those two, guess mine was on back order or something. 

True fans. GTFOH

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The Big Ten as a whole was much worse than predicted.  Finishing 6th in Big Ten preseason didn't mean the same thing after the games were played and a bunch of teams (like Michigan St.) were shown to be wildly overrated in the preseason.

(I know you realize this but things like this are just mind numbingly stupid.  It is peeing on people's heads and when they complain telling them it is rain.)

Matt knows absolutely 0 about sports, but the job he has allows him to have a "voice", so I guess people listen. It's wild. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Uhhhh I mean I guess squeaking out wins vs Wisconsin, Maryland and MSU puts us up there lol

Starting from 2/27, and our win against Wisconsin, we rank 21st on Torvik. That's not as good as the best in the country, but it's not nothing.

• Like 1