2024 Transfer Portal

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That ship has sailed for me. The only seconds I liked was Eric Gordon and that was only because of the coaching change. Kid says no to us....we move along. I welcome Goode because he said no to Archie not Woodson. 

You just bought a team from other schools?  Honestly who has CMW recruited and developed that wasn’t a 5 star shoe/academy guy 

Catchings wanted MM treatment 

Not sure why he thought Purdue was a good choice 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

It’s NIL related.  Purdue fans will spin it as Painter is just an old school hard nosed coach (and he is) but this is all about the Benjamin’s.  He was going to start (at least by big ten season) so it’s not that.  

If it was an NIL issue, why wait until you’re about to get to campus? He may have asked for more money on the call but it’s not like NIL was an unknown lol. 

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

It’s NIL related.  Purdue fans will spin it as Painter is just an old school hard nosed coach (and he is) but this is all about the Benjamin’s.  He was going to start (at least by big ten season) so it’s not that.  

Was there a surprise with NIL? It seems like most players have that figured out before signing. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If it was an NIL issue, why wait until you’re about to get to campus? He may have asked for more money on the call but it’s not like NIL was an unknown lol. 

You think recruiting stops during season for players playing on other teams? Hell no.  I’m guessing Catchings will be in the $EC

Edited by IUwins0708

6 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

You just bought a team from other schools?  Honestly who has CMW recruited and developed that wasn’t a 5 star shoe/academy guy 

Sounds like jealousy to me…we’ll get #6 before you get #1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Wasn't even going to respond to the kid. Lots of words that end with y....jealousy, envy, insecurity...and on and on. 

16 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

You think recruiting stops during season for players playing on other teams? Hell no.  I’m guessing Catchings will be in the $EC

Never said it did.  But if that were the main reason, it would’ve happened well before the day he’s expected to be on campus. 

12 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Maybe his NIL deals require him to be starting? 🤔

I think he thought he was going to get NIL advertising for the latest and greatest manure spreader! Then he found out that job was already taken by the Purdon’t fans on HSN!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Never said it did.  But if that were the main reason, it would’ve happened well before the day he’s expected to be on campus. 

Not if he just got a better offer recently from another school.  (Money wise$

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That ship has sailed for me. The only seconds I liked was Eric Gordon and that was only because of the coaching change. Kid says no to us....we move along. I welcome Goode because he said no to Archie not Woodson. 

Did he say no to us, though? 247 doesn't report we ever offered. Kanon committed super early in the process - 9/2/22, a year early for his class. He was also ranked outside the top 100 at the time. Kid was a late bloomer, and didn't shoot up to top 40 status until that following spring. Given that trajectory, it's suprising he stayed with Purdue as long as he did. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Cope elsewhere, my guy. This isn't the place to be making snide remarks about the home team just because a recruit hurt your feelings.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Was there a surprise with NIL? It seems like most players have that figured out before signing. 

Not from our side.  Possible he got offered a huge bag recently (but no way to know for sure) and asked Painter for guarantees on playing time, NIL (possibly), and who knows what else.  Regardless, Painter stood his ground and didn’t give in which I admire. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

But at least I get to root for guys committed to my Alma Mater…..not saying it should matter to you 

just angry with college presidents for destroying conferences for 🏈 

PS  will they hand the trophy to Herb Simon 😂 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Because he asked for something, didn’t like the answer, and bolted lol. 

Whatever makes you feel better. This kind of thing doesn't happen this late in the process because those questions would have been asked long before today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Whatever makes you feel better. This kind of thing doesn't happen this late in the process because those questions would have been asked long before today 

Doesn’t change my life one way or another lol.  It’s basketball and they’ll be fine. 

How do you know those questions would have been asked already?

What do you think happened? 

Doesn’t change my life one way or another lol.  It’s basketball and they’ll be fine. 

How do you know those questions would have been asked already?

Playing time and money are talked about before signing and not the day you are supposed to be on campus. It isn't like you had a late signing that could effect his playing time.

Don't know but it isn't about things like him asking for more money. I say there were other teams that came in and offered more money knowing Catchings wasn't ever 100% sold on going to Purdue. I think if they it is totally up to him he would have backed out a long time ago. When the rumors started last year about him backing out and going to IU, I think it was his family that stopped him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't know but it isn't about things like him asking for more money. I say there were other teams that came in and offered more money knowing Catchings wasn't ever 100% sold on going to Purdue. I think if they it is totally up to him he would have backed out a long time ago. When the rumors started last year about him backing out and going to IU, I think it was his family that stopped him.

If it was a money play, he would’ve left Purdue a long time ago.  I think there’s a lot more to the story here that isn’t NIL-playing time related that may or may not come to the surface.