2024 Transfer Portal

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Given the Hurley news this is why I always like to have one ship left just in case. Not that it means we'll sign anyone but if DH takes Lakers gig you immediately have 5-6 high end starters available and some coach is going to be very lucky.

you think we can steal a recruit back?

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

😯

It was rumored that he wasn't at all solid awhile back and the Turdue insiders "debunked" it.  Guess they were wrong.  Of course, now we'll hear, "well, he just decided this..."

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

you think we can steal a recruit back?

That ship has sailed for me. The only seconds I liked was Eric Gordon and that was only because of the coaching change. Kid says no to us....we move along. I welcome Goode because he said no to Archie not Woodson. 

• Like 1

Just now, FKIM01 said:

It was rumored that he wasn't at all solid awhile back and the Turdue insiders "debunked" it.  Guess they were wrong.  Of course, now we'll hear, "well, he just decided this..."

Yeah it appears there were issues back then that were smoothed over by his family and the coaching staff.  Sounds like an impulsive kid that didn’t get what he wanted. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah it appears there were issues back then that were smoothed over by his family and the coaching staff.  Sounds like an impulsive kid that didn’t get what he wanted. 

It's a rare 18-year-old that's not a little impulsive...

Maybe he goes to Arkansas.

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

....Sounds like an impulsive kid that didn’t get what he wanted. 

So that's the reason? What was he impulsive about? What did he want that he didn't get?

Or is this another case of anytime a good player leaves a program it's because they are bad, spoiled or selfish kids?

Seriously, what actual reasoning do you have to call him impulsive and not getting what he wanted?

• Like 4

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

So that's the reason? What was he impulsive about? What did he want that he didn't get?

Or is this another case of anytime a good player leaves a program it's because they are bad, spoiled or selfish kids?

Seriously, what actual reasoning do you have to call him impulsive and not getting what he wanted?

Not going to share everything posted from our premium board on here.  But our moderator has laid it out pretty clearly that this one has been all over the place since day 1. This isn’t a sour grapes situation but just the reality of it.  It sucks losing him but it sounds like there were questions of him wanting guarantees of being a starter from day 1. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

How about filling our 13th scholarship with McNeeley (if Hurley leaves) or Catchings….wouldn't that be sweet!

I have a feeling the McNeeley ship has sailed...bridge is still on fire I'm guessing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's a rare 18-year-old that's not a little impulsive...

Maybe he goes to Arkansas.

Not disagreeing with that.  Sounds like his parents hoped going to OTE would help him in that regard but not sure how much it did tbh. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not going to share everything posted from our premium board on here.  But our moderator has laid it out pretty clearly that this one has been all over the place since day 1. This isn’t a sour grapes situation but just the reality of it.  It sucks losing him but it sounds like there were questions of him wanting guarantees of being a starter from day 1. 

Allegedly that is what's been posted on Trilly's discord. Odd time to have that become an issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I have a feeling the McNeeley ship has sailed...bridge is still on fire I'm guessing.

I was joking, but stranger things have happened, and if Catchings is looking for a guaranteed starting spot this isn’t the place for him either. I like our roster just the way it is. 

It’s NIL related.  Purdue fans will spin it as Painter is just an old school hard nosed coach (and he is) but this is all about the Benjamin’s.  He was going to start (at least by big ten season) so it’s not that.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

How was this impulsive since he waited until players are to be on campus 

• Like 1