2024 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

As predictable as Kaleb Banks

I’d agree except for the weird announcement that he wasn’t leaving. I don’t know why he said that if there was even a chance he would leave. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

I’d agree except for the weird announcement that he wasn’t leaving. I don’t know why he said that if there was even a chance he would leave. 

Because it would be quite a choice to announce you are leaving before you even get a chance to play with your team in the tourney?

8 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

At least the kid had enough class to wait until they were finished. Kid would have been a great spot up shooter for IU this season with our bigs . 

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

No proof but I bet he was shown the door.  

Either directly or indirectly 

Jacksonville State guard Caleb Johnson cut backdoor, with Essegian allowing a layup to Johnson on his first play of the game. Gard called guard Isaac Lindsey off the bench, who replaced Essegian on the court just 25 seconds after he entered. 

"We can't afford to let him play through it," Gard said. "The stakes are too high in terms of what this team wants to accomplish."

Essegian wasn't gifted playing time early last year, he earned it.

But that Badgers team, Gard said, was "OK." This team is much better, with a lot more depth. The scouting report is out on Essegian, Gard said: Teams won't let him get to his spots as easily to hit any of the Wisconsin freshman record 69 3s he put on film last year, and Essegian needs to add layers to his game.

And on the defensive end, Gard said he doesn't treat anyone differently: Defensive mistakes get held accountable. Accountability might mean getting quickly pulled from the game.

"Teammates understand that, and want that, because we understand what it takes to have success as a unit, as a team," Gard said. "Our guys want to win.

https://badgerextra.com/sports/basketball/men/wisconsin-mens-basketball-connor-essegian-playing/article_f20bd978-9acf-11ee-b821-effb28ea49f5.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Sparks could have stayed, dropped some weight to become quicker and likely would have received more playing time on a team in need of size next season. He was not willing.  Good luck to him back at Ball State. 

Out of curiosity, are you implying he did not put in the work, and if so, what are you basing that on?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HoosierHoo said:

Because it would be quite a choice to announce you are leaving before you even get a chance to play with your team in the tourney?

True, but he didn’t have to say anything. 

Him being pushed out makes the most sense to me. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Out of curiosity, are you implying he did not put in the work, and if so, what are you basing that on?

Not implying. Stating as fact he is too big, slow, an unathletic to play B1G basketball. I heard nothing about his work ethic either way but the result speak for themselves. He did not change his body at all in the time he was with IU. That would be a choice.

24 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Not implying. Stating as fact he is too big, slow, an unathletic to play B1G basketball. I heard nothing about his work ethic either way but the result speak for themselves. He did not change his body at all in the time he was with IU. That would be a choice.

I'm too short, old, slow, and unathletic to play B1G basketball.  That shouldn't make me free game on a message board for people to question my dedication to stay in shape.

Some people just have a different level of natural athleticism and ability than others.

• Like 2