2024 Transfer Portal

19 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I would say playing at IU is probably better than playing at 99% of places. Don't underestimate the allure of playing in front packed houses + $. And believe it or not some players have actually developed well under the current staff. It will be an uphill battle, but as long as Woody remembers their names and gives them some evidence he can help them, we can get good players. Remember, he has gotten some good recruits before and he's really hanging on for dear life, so he's got to do something good here in the next few weeks/months and he knows it. 

I agree deep down. I think I’m in the “acceptance” stage of my iubb grief 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Remember, he has gotten some good recruits before and he's really hanging on for dear life, so he's got to do something good here in the next few weeks/months and he knows it. 

The real problem is, what is "doing something good" to Woodson prolly won't even register as a mild win for the fan base until we see performance on the floor next season. And by then it's far too late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWB said:

The real problem is, what is "doing something good" to Woodson prolly won't even register as a mild win for the fan base until we see performance on the floor next season. And by then it's far too late.

I am just saying, his back is against a wall, if he was going to start doing anything remotely positive in the portal, this is the time. No more chances. 

29 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I am just saying, his back is against a wall, if he was going to start doing anything remotely positive in the portal, this is the time. No more chances. 

Oh, I agree. I wasn't trying to take a shot at you. My point is what's "good" in our minds, is probably light years different of what's "good" in Woodson's mind since he thinks he doing a good to great job already.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Oh, I agree. I wasn't trying to take a shot at you. My point is what's "good" in our minds, is probably light years different of what's "good" in Woodson's mind since he thinks he doing a good to great job already.

I’m sure he believes he was a healthy XJ away from a Sweet 16

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I agree deep down. I think I’m in the “acceptance” stage of my iubb grief 

Agree with you that the AH atmosphere is fantastic.  However, there were about 20 other DI schools averaging anywhere from 14,000 to 19,000 per game this season.  Syracuse, Kentucky, Arkansas and North Carolina all had higher attendance than IU.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's South Bend native Javon Small who played last year at Oklahoma State. He attended Franklin Central starting in his sophomore year.

A point guard that averaged 15 ppg, 37ish percent from 3 but had a so-so assist to turnover ratio of 1.33. 

No thanks! We need to pass on this one. 

16 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Over/Under?

1. We’ll ultimately have 5.5 open scholarships

2. We use 12.5 scholarships (of the 13 available)

3. We get 3.5 guards in the portal 

1. Over

2. Under

3. Depends on how you define guard versus wing. If guard is just 1/2 then under. If guard equals the 1/2/3 spots, then over. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Over/Under?

1. We’ll ultimately have 5.5 open scholarships

2. We use 12.5 scholarships (of the 13 available)

3. We get 3.5 guards in the portal 

1. Under

2. Under (based on the the lack of explanation about leaving that scholarship open this year, I'm convinced CMW just thinks filling the 13th scholarship is bad luck)

3. Under (he'll have 2 4's & a 5 or 3 4's playing 3-5 because that's what he does).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I don’t want to sound like a giant @ss… but what exactly is so attractive that good players would want to come here next season? Money? Ok…playing time?

This is going to sound kind of jaded, but it's the reality of the times....do you need anything else besides money and playing time to attract a good player?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

This is going to sound kind of jaded, but it's the reality of the times....do you need anything else besides money and playing time to attract a good player?

It appears that way, since we can offer both and we still have 0 commits at this point.  But I understand your point, things will apparently plan to buy a team soon. 

13 hours ago, John S said:

Agree with you that the AH atmosphere is fantastic.  However, there were about 20 other DI schools averaging anywhere from 14,000 to 19,000 per game this season.  Syracuse, Kentucky, Arkansas and North Carolina all had higher attendance than IU.

They aren't all the same as AH in terms of atmosphere. 

All of those schools have significantly bigger arenas. 

22K, 24K, 35K, and 19K. 

4 minutes ago, Threedom said:

It appears that way, since we can offer both and we still have 0 commits at this point.  But I understand your point, things will apparently plan to buy a team soon. 

Tournament hasn't even started let alone in its 2nd week.  Game hasn't even started yet. 

I mean I know this is kind of a basic statement, but we will need an absolute minimum of 6 scholarship players.  I would be shocked if we don't need 7, 8, or 9 even.  So... it seems we can target at least out top 10 or so of the current available guys and kind of draw a line where we aren't 100% we'd want them?  If you are able to land 3 or 4 and then 3 or 4 more when they tourney ends?  This all happens fast.  I see that Rice, Williams, and Tomlin for instance are already crystal balled.  We know many of these kids enter already having a really good idea of where they are going, so we really can't wait right?  Looking at the current 247 rankings:

1. Garrison

2. McDaniel

3. Ajayi

4. Mallette

5. Porter

6. Amari Williams

7. Stojakovic

8. Carlyle

9. Slajchert

10. Small

11. Glenn

12. Curtis Williams

13. Cooper

14. Crews

15. Smith

Any reason we wouldn't want any of those guys?  I know nothing regarding attitude, shadiness, etc. about any of them.  Would be interested to hear if anyone does?  I'm sure many of them already have a good idea of where they are headed.  Any info on that would be interesting as well.