2024 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Probably means Mbako is back for sure.  

Nope, he’s going to go through the NBA draft process and then make a decision. Woodson will probably wait around without a backup plan and then MM will decide to stay in the draft. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 4

generally i give my college age son more credit than me when it comes to nearly everything basketball.  he actually just decided to give it up after this season.  was a walk on at Presbyterian his freshman year and played for Converse this past season.  saw very little playing time and is ready to move on to working on his career.  anyway, he is really big on the PG from Furman.  

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Nope, he’s going to go through the NBA draft process and then make a decision. Woodson will probably wait around without a backup plan and then MM will decide to stay in the draft. 

Would expect nothing less 😡

• Like 1

Portal opens tomorrow and there will be tons of names enter over the next few weeks. That said IU has had some early talks with Jacob Meyer. I’m also watching what happens with Small and Foster. We’ll see what happens. As of now Trilly did say that IU hasn’t gained to much traction yet with transfers but it’s still VERY early. 

• Thanks 6

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

More than half of those teams will be in the NCAAT, some are still playing in their conference tournament. But IU won’t accept an NIT bid to “focus on the portal”. Total BS. Real programs can do both. 
If I’m a shooting guard, there are a dozen teams on that list I’d consider before looking at IU. 

It is insane the effort Woodson is giving. I cannot grasp he’s allowed to give us little effort and it’s acceptable considering his pay.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Portal opens tomorrow and there will be tons of names enter over the next few weeks. That said IU has had some early talks with Jacob Meyer. I’m also watching what happens with Small and Foster. We’ll see what happens. As of now Trilly did say that IU hasn’t gained to much traction yet with transfers but it’s still VERY early. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/5176795/jacob-meyer

This guy?

Not to bag on the kid and what do I know but I don't trust Woodson or this staff to do anything that is going to make mid-major players look good here.  He needs Love and Ware caliber players to have a chance IMO.  

ETA:  And if it is that guy, Coastal Carolina lost over 20 games and I don't think I saw one P5 team on their schedule.  If this is what we brought Woodson back for and he sees more value in this than in recruiting Freshman, then he is a bigger idiot when it comes to college basketball and building a program than I thought (and I have a pretty low opinion of that to begin with.)

Please tell me I have the wrong Jacob Meyer.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/5176795/jacob-meyer

This guy?

Not to bag on the kid and what do I know but I don't trust Woodson or this staff to do anything that is going to make mid-major players look good here.  He needs Love and Ware caliber players to have a chance IMO.  

ETA:  And if it is that guy, Coastal Carolina lost over 20 games and I don't think I saw one P5 team on their schedule.  If this is what we brought Woodson back for and he sees more value in this than in recruiting Freshman, then he is a bigger idiot when it comes to college basketball and building a program than I thought (and I have a pretty low opinion of that to begin with.)

Please tell me I have the wrong Jacob Meyer.

That’s him. They need more than just starters and he was a freshman this year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I know they need more than starters, half the team is going to be gone (if not more).  I saw the kid scores and had a big game in their conference tournament but this dude was an unranked HS senior who played for an absolutely terrible team in an equally meh conference who hasn't played 1 minute against a P5 team.  I guess I am just flabbergasted that this is considered the way to do things as opposed to going out and getting a HS kid.  This dude is 1 year removed from HS and....

Oh forget it.  This honestly isn't even about him.  If we were bringing him in as a backup on a team with a competent coaching staff I would probably like the upside.  I have to be honest with myself and just say I have lost all faith in Mike Woodson.  He could be bringing in Jordan and LeBron and I don't think they would help him and his staff get over the hump.

It is going to be a long year between now and March 2025.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

He should go through the process, but I expect him to be back in college basketball next year, just not at IU. I hope I’m wrong, because that means we have a mass exodus, and a complete rebuild on our hands.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

He should go through the process, but I expect him to be back in college basketball next year, just not at IU. I hope I’m wrong, because that means we have mass exodus, and a complete rebuild on our hands.

i've said all along that right or wrong i'm afraid if he isn't one and done that he'll blame that on our system and not developing him or not utilizing him correctly.  hope that isn't the case.  

19 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I see he is from Covington, KY?  Seems that a lot of the local teams missed out on him coming out of high school.  Sign him up.

26 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I know they need more than starters, half the team is going to be gone (if not more).  I saw the kid scores and had a big game in their conference tournament but this dude was an unranked HS senior who played for an absolutely terrible team in an equally meh conference who hasn't played 1 minute against a P5 team.  I guess I am just flabbergasted that this is considered the way to do things as opposed to going out and getting a HS kid.  This dude is 1 year removed from HS and....

Oh forget it.  This honestly isn't even about him.  If we were bringing him in as a backup on a team with a competent coaching staff I would probably like the upside.  I have to be honest with myself and just say I have lost all faith in Mike Woodson.  He could be bringing in Jordan and LeBron and I don't think they would help him and his staff get over the hump.

It is going to be a long year between now and March 2025.

Purdue also has some interest so if Painter is interested so am I. Woodson will probably pass though

If Meyer can defend at this level, he looks like he would be a very good get.  I’m glad our staff is finally digging a little deeper in their scouting.  15 points a game on 40% from 3 as a freshman.  I would want to be reassured on defense but if you bring in 3 guards and he is one of them, that could work.  We need a high end point guard though.  

21 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

What would other teams have thought if Trey had entered the portal last year with a 47% 3pct?

They would have though he was efficient last year on a low volume of 3’s that were typically wide open but it was an outlier compared to the rest of his career and he was usually the 4th or 5th player the dense was focused on when he was on the floor.

23 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They would have though he was efficient last year on a low volume of 3’s that were typically wide open but it was an outlier compared to the rest of his career and he was usually the 4th or 5th player the dense was focused on when he was on the floor.

My point is a lot of people are quick to say a player is a need or a must simply because of a stat line, instead of as you pointed out the rest of the story.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

“I didn’t think he would be a one and done player.”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

It is insane the effort Woodson is giving. I cannot grasp he’s allowed to give us little effort and it’s acceptable considering his pay.

It’s disgusting that he’s making 4 million and doesn’t want or think he needs to put effort into recruiting. As evidenced that he hasn’t gotten out to look at Indiana hs players or kept into contact with our one and only former recruit. The situation is so frustrating however I believe it will be difficult for Dolson to fire him even next year. He carries himself as he’s above putting in the work anyway simply because he’s Mike Woodson 🙄 I have no hope we will ever see this program come back to any sort of competitive level again. Sad, sad state of affairs…

Edited by Hoosier219
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier219 said:

It’s disgusting that he’s making 4 million and doesn’t want or think he needs to put effort into recruiting. As evidenced that he hasn’t gotten out to look at Indiana hs players or kept into contact with our one and only former recruit. The situation is so frustrating however I believe it will be difficult for Dolson to fire him even next year. He carries himself as he’s above putting in the work anyway simply because he’s Mike Woodson 🙄 I have no hope we will ever see this program come back to any sort of competitive level again. Sad, sad state of affairs…

It's not difficult! Don't show up! If IU fans would stop going to Assembly Hall, stop buying stuff, stop donating NIL money, something may happen. As long as the $$ is coming in, they won't do anything.

• Like 3