Nebraska Post Game

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope you weren't serious about Beard. Hiring him could be the one thing to make me stop supporting IU basketball. I have no desire to see Pearl coach here as well but at least could stomach him because he didn't do anything against the law.

not convinced Beard did.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope you weren't serious about Beard. Hiring him could be the one thing to make me stop supporting IU basketball. I have no desire to see Pearl coach here as well but at least could stomach him because he didn't do anything against the law.

I wouldn't want either one... One is the ultimate coward (raising his hand to a woman... And, yes, I know the charges were dropped, but read the police report... She had bite marks, and abrasions on her face and legs) and the other served a 3 year show cause penalty for NCAA violations ...

No thanks

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I wouldn't want either one... One is the ultimate coward (raising his hand to a woman... And, yes, I know the charges were dropped, but read the police report... She had bite marks, and abrasions on her face and legs) and the other served a 3 year show cause penalty for NCAA violations ...

No thanks

You read it yourself?  Bite marks.  Gee whiz.  What the heck was going on over there?  

Did they ever get married?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Weren't the charges dropped and the word came out it wasn't a choke?  I'd like to see video, of course we never will.  It was swept under the rug pretty quickly. 

Are you just naive because that is classic victim responses because they are to scared to press charges. I watch a lot of true crime shows where women who are victims of abuse stays with the abuser because they have no other place to go or have money to leave.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:
20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

bruises on the ladies neck

read the police report... She had bite marks, and abrasions on her face and legs)

We have 2 different allegations going on here.  One claims to have read the police report.  Iirc the original report was choking?

Can the hoosiernation lawyers and research journalists get to the bottom of this?

Edited by NotIThatLives

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

You read it yourself?  Bite marks.  Gee whiz.  What the heck was going on over there?  

Did they ever get married?

Yes, I read it...here you go...

Fj0DzgEXgAQMAqR.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.81a04659f36941aecdea403c95f089c5.jpg

Fj0D282XEAA9Fkl.thumb.jpeg.d8aec54ca0892111131ca574ce481cc4.jpeg

No, they're no longer together... 

• Thanks 1

I just get tired of hearing coach speak during press conferences. It is the same thing after every game, I need to have they better prepared or we need to do these things better. After hearing the same thing over and over it is time to question is why has things not changed after all of this talk. Frank Reich was the king of this as the Cts coach and Woodson does the same thing.

The thing about Woodson I was hoping he would be more like RMK when it came to making changes and holding players accountable. I also thought more of his philosophies on offense and defense would be more like RMK as well.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/02/15/chris-beard-ut-basketball-case-dismissed/

I mean.  If the da in a ver liberal city didn't charge, as iffy as it all sounds.  I'd say I'd be OK with 5 years of good behavior.  

Just because it was dismissed doesn't mean it didn't happen. Either she was bought off not to press charges or was to afraid to.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know Scott.  This has to be breaking some law, somewhere.  

image.png.3711df3dfcfa298dbaeb4226cd86ac6a.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Any coaches on there? 

Dude he has had three years to correct the 3 pt defense and perimeter D.  It’s not a player issue, it’s a scheme issue.  So he hasn’t been able to teach it to players for 3 years and it’s the players fault?  Come on.  That just doesn’t make any sense you know?  

Our scheme offensively is just bad in general as well.  I feel like we are back in 1980s with him and his other genius consultant helping out there.  But the 95th, 28th and 90th ranked O are something to call home about.  Again three years of data points.  

Defense has gotten worse every year from 24th, 45th and 106th.  3 pt D has been a major issue every year.  

4 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Dude he has had three years to correct the 3 pt defense and perimeter D.  It’s not a player issue, it’s a scheme issue.  So he hasn’t been able to teach it to players for 3 years and it’s the players fault?  Come on.  That just doesn’t make any sense you know?  

Our scheme offensively is just bad in general as well.  I feel like we are back in 1980s with him and his other genius consultant helping out there.  But the 95th, 28th and 90th ranked O are something to call home about.  Again three years of data points.  

Defense has gotten worse every year from 24th, 45th and 106th.  3 pt D has been a major issue every year.  

You didn't see this kind of offense in college basketball in the 80's. You saw a lot of free flowing offense that used off the ball screens and player movement. When Woodson was a player at IU you didn't much post up from the big's at all because RMK played the motion offense. This offense is the 90's NBA.

Watching the Butler and UCONN game and for the last 6 minutes both teams has only had guards and wings on the floor. The tallest player in the court is 6'6 and both teams are actually using syer movement and off ball screens. The more you watch other games you realize how bad iye guard at is. Both of these teams have guards who are quick and athletic and can get into the paint.

You gotta be kidding me. 

Lose a road game and now people are calling for a coaching change?

I logged out of the board prior to the game because I have become fed up with the negativity.

Logged on tonight to read about the football recruiting and stupidity decided to check out this thread. Have not read more than the last 4-5 posts, which are enough to suggest that this fan base is nowhere near as intelligent as they think they are 😡🤬

• Like 7
  • Haha 2