Morehead St Game Thread

Reacher

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

SMH

This is brutal and I just can't back Woodson any longer. His stubbornness on his style of play and not recruiting guards who can make shots is just criminal. It is one thing to get beat bad vs UCONN but losing like this at home to Morehead is embarrassing 

To his defense…it isn’t like he can fix that half way through the season. He went after guards but came up empty in the offseason. We recruited several that turned us down and the most important player on the team (starting pg) has been out for half the season.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure we can come back in this game... Our defense isn't playing well, and they have a couple of kids that have their confidence up

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure we can come back in this game... Our defense isn't playing well, and they have a couple of kids that have their confidence up

Don't stop now.  Say it a 3rd time.  May change the momentum.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

To his defense…it isn’t like he can fix that half way through the season. He went after guards but came up empty in the offseason. We recruited several that turned us down and the most important player on the team (starting pg) has been out for half the season.

He deserves every bit of criticism for our guard situation. He owns this roster, good or bad. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This season was played out this summer when we signed 0 guards.

This. Woodson said himself once TJD left we would get away from pounding the ball inside. Not only do we do the same thing, it’s arguably worse because TJD was at least a great passer and we had a guy like Fino who could create for himself. 

This staff has no one to blame but themselves, and a loss like this essentially kills any momentum you’ve built over the past 2 years.

A game like this a prime example of how this system is screwed unless you have a lead. You can never climb back into a game unless you have a guy who can score from behind the arc. 

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 2