Auburn Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Embarrassing effort and coaching IMO. I know we’re not supposed to question people who know more about the game…. but it was pretty apparent he got outcoached. 

Can Bruce Pearl question what the hell Woody is doing? He seemed to coach circles around him and I think he has the credentials to say what we are doing isn't working. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDB said:

This is the horrible overall, but it’s the worst coached half of Woody’s tenure that I can remember. 42-12 run and one timeout was called.

Agree, that was a horrible performance from the staff, as well as the players. 

Unfortunately, typical IU the last 8 or so years when we get in big games with real teams. 

UConn, Kansas, Arizona, Miami, etc., etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

If only Woodson smelled blood in the water and left the starters in... 

I understand subbing is part of the game but you have to stagger them. The only other time I saw these sub patterns was with UK during the 2015 season but they had 10 nba players. Woodson is thoroughly convinced the mass sub patterns are the way to go despite shooting us in the foot game in and game out.

Edited by Hoosier987

Let's go back to the 15 minute mark, we are cooking and they correctly call a foul on MM but he gets elbowed very clearly in the head on the post-foul play. It's a clear flagrant....

That should have set off on absolute shit storm and unleashed all kinds of toughness and hard play from our guys, but instead they sit there and let themselves get hit in the mouth. We get outscored 46-18 from that point forward. 

• Like 6

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

I understand subbing is part of the game but you have to stagger them. The only other time I saw these sub patterns was with UK during the 2015 season but they had 10 nba players. Woodson is thoroughly convinced these mass sub patterns are the way to go despite shooting us in the foot game in and game out.

I was at the Purdue-St. Peter's Sweet Sixteen. Halloway literally sent 5 subs into the game at same time, in one full substitution, 4 minutes into the game. 

Just now, BGleas said:

I was at the Purdue-St. Peter's Sweet Sixteen. Halloway literally sent 5 subs into the game at same time, in one full substitution, 4 minutes into the game. 

Obviously wanting to rotate fresh legs in against the superior team. I’d like to get down to an 8 man rotation…but don’t think it’s going to happen.

2 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Missing X is this game. Need a guy that breakdown the defensive. He is the only one with Galloway a little. Game really went bad when he went out with 2 fouls

I think you can simplify this game down to press / aggressive ball pressure and no XJ.  None of this is good but forget about this game after it’s over. Flush it. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Let's go back to the 15 minute mark, we are cooking and they correctly call a foul on MM but he gets elbowed very clearly in the head on the post-foul play. It's a clear flagrant....

That should have set off on absolute shit storm and unleashed all kinds of toughness and hard play from our guys, but instead they sit there and let themselves get hit in the mouth. We get outscored 46-18 from that point forward. 

Completely took the air out of the IU fans. 4-6 point and momentum swing. Then we just quit at the end. Are the players sick or something?