2025 PF Bryson Tiller

DC2345

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I agree. Unfortunately he very much like Reneau seems to be adamant about not being a 5 from what I can tell

He “projects” as a 4 at the next level but I don’t see it. Has a better face up game and range than Reneau but is only a mid-level athlete. I had a close friend coach against him in AAU two summers ago tell me that at his potential, he’s a top 5 player in the class. He didn’t say it but seemed to imply the dreaded word “motor” wasn’t always there; settled for jump shots, didn’t work to get positioning down low, etc etc, granted it was one game. 

I think the difference between Tiller and Reneau is that Tiller plays a lot bigger than Reneau despite being similar sizes and builds. As much as we want Reneau to commit to being a 5, there’s a reason he isn’t.

23 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

He “projects” as a 4 at the next level but I don’t see it. Has a better face up game and range than Reneau but is only a mid-level athlete. I had a close friend coach against him in AAU two summers ago tell me that at his potential, he’s a top 5 player in the class. He didn’t say it but seemed to imply the dreaded word “motor” wasn’t always there; settled for jump shots, didn’t work to get positioning down low, etc etc, granted it was one game. 

I think the difference between Tiller and Reneau is that Tiller plays a lot bigger than Reneau despite being similar sizes and builds. As much as we want Reneau to commit to being a 5, there’s a reason he isn’t.

Interesting.  I’ve read he’s got a good motor and is a top notch rebounder and physically.  I can’t say much beyond what I’ve read so we will have to see.  

20 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

FWIW, this dude has received three predictions to KU today. 

https://www.on3.com/db/sebastian-williams-adams-158751/

Some sites list him as either a SF or PF, so not sure if it will impact Tiller. 

Until we start winning big again, we’ll continue to be at a disadvantage against the likes of KU, Duke, Arkansas. and UConn. 

22 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

FWIW, this dude has received three predictions to KU today. 

https://www.on3.com/db/sebastian-williams-adams-158751/

Some sites list him as either a SF or PF, so not sure if it will impact Tiller. 

That guy is a PF just like Tiller. I actually had someone today try telling me Tiller could be a SF. I thinking to myself that would be Mike Woodson’s dream in past years lol