Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

40 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

It was, payback for not calling the 3 fouls on the play before when Malik was going to the hole and then they tried to give the ball to Michigan. 

The one where Oliver bear hugged Malik, fouled him on the drive and then fouled him twice as he was shooting? 

Yeah that was a frustrating play. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You have been critical of X all along, but what you mentioned about JHS are similar skills that X brings. He just needs to be more disciplined and in control. Not as refined as JHS but he has improved while here. If he continues to do so, he can provide similar attributes to this team.

yeah, in a sense i have, but i'm not saying i'm completely convinced about him.  just kind of noting that we look better in some aspects without him.  maybe just a coincident.  i definitely acknowledge that he is talented and experienced.  he is no JHS though.  i really thought coming in that he would be very very solid from a scoring standpoint and also from a setting teammates up standpoint, and i personally don't see him doing those things well enough to make us the team i hoped for.  that's all.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 94hoosier said:

Ware’s pass to Galloway and Reneau with the screen/seal on his man was huge. Smart play and great decision by all 3 guys. This team is learning and getting better

As soon as I saw that I thought of TJD..... TJD's passing was a huge part of his game and the more Ware can do that the more dangerous we can be as a team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The full replay is available on Peacock this morning... 

Peacock wasn't too bad. I ordered it. I bought the Premium package for $5.99 a month. The only thing I didn't like was not being able to pause the game if I had to go to restroom or let my two little Dachshunds out to potty....lol I can pause it with Dish....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Peacock wasn't too bad. I ordered it. I bought the Premium package for $5.99 a month. The only thing I didn't like was not being able to pause the game if I had to go to restroom or let my two little Dachshunds out to potty....lol I can pause it with Dish....

Hmmm.. I was able to. You couldn't rewind or FF? 

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

That's interesting.   I have roku.  Was able to pasue, rewind, and ff.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Did not watch. 

Big win for this team on the road to instill confidence, build more buy in to what CMW is teaching, and create momentum going into these next two tough games. People were saying they’d be happy with a split of these 4 tougher tests. We’re there, and most importantly we won the two conference games. No reason that they can’t beat Auburn.

As I said, big win for this team, but…

Looking forward to returning to the day that these types of games aren’t “big wins” but instead are just business as usual.

I said going 1-3 if we were showing improvement could be okay for the prognosis of the season, I am ecstatic we won the first 2... and as you point out, both were conference games.

I also feel much better about our chances against Auburn than I did a week ago. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

One thing I noticed was the defensive rotations were so much better than at the beginning of the year. When a guard would dig or double the post, the other guys knew where to go in order to recover. It seems like the defense is going to be much stronger and give up fewer open 3s. 

They were definitely improved. The threes Michigan did hit were mostly in transition (and we didn't do a good job of finding shooters, but we can improve on that). 

Huge win.

As has been stated, defensive rotations are much, much improved. Offensively We know what we do well and stay inside of ourselves, which will actually take a team really far.

Would love to see us start to run some sets for Gunn. If he can become a consistent 3 point threat, which I think he is obviously capable of, it’ll really help our offense. We’re never gonna be shooting 20 threes a game, but we need to be a threat.

Galloway seems like he’s aiming right now instead of just shooting. I think he’ll be okay, but a rough game for him offensively overall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madmax said:

Galloway seems like he’s aiming right now instead of just shooting. I think he’ll be okay, but a rough game for him offensively overall.

He's got a hitch in his shot right now... Right toward the end...

Gotta get his confidence back and just shoot it... 

This is one I thought would be a loss going into the game.  Road game against a team that can shoot and McDaniel is a tough matchup for this team.  I knew they couldn't guard Ware and Reneau, but thought it would be trading 2's for 3's with the way the team had been defending the 3 point line.  It looked like Woodson made some adjustments to positioning on defense and guys were better able to rotate out on shooters.  Gunn and Cupps were really good disrupting drives.  Bench play was great tonight all around.  Mgbako had his 3rd game in a row in double figures. There were a lot of positives from this game despite the 1st half turnovers and missed layups down the stretch. Got the win and go beat Auburn!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

One thing I noticed was the defensive rotations were so much better than at the beginning of the year. When a guard would dig or double the post, the other guys knew where to go in order to recover. It seems like the defense is going to be much stronger and give up fewer open 3s. 

so... i know i am beating the dead horse, but... does X frequently get out of position being overly aggressive and cause a lot of that?  is that part of the reason we are doing better with it?

1 hour ago, Hippopotamo said:

Rotations are much improved. I think Michigan did a poor job of forcing switches to cause rotations which helped.

• Like 1