2025 QB Julian Lewis

KDB

12 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Basically he liked his visit to USC.  He thinks the program is getting better especially on defense.  The noisy programs are all 3 of IU, Colorado, and Auburn, but right now he remains committed to USC.

.....and he mentioned that there is definitely still interest with IU in terms of visits.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think we can turn the page on this recruitment because I feel he is going to to USC

It may very well be..... but, until he cuts IU, we still are a faint whisper...lol

To be quite honest, they way Coach Cignetti and Coach Sunseri can find and develop a QB, especially finding one like Rourke in the portal, gives me complete confidence in whoever they find or eventually recruit.

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 6

From what I have seen of Tayven Jackson from last year and in clean-up duty this year, I am not sold yet.  Hopefully we start to see more development with him this season and into the off-season.  Right now, I would be really worried with him as the QB1 next year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

From what I have seen of Tayven Jackson from last year and in clean-up duty this year, I am not sold yet.  Hopefully we start to see more development with him this season and into the off-season.  Right now, I would be really worried with him as the QB1 next year.

Same here but Cig isn’t rolling into next season with someone he doesn’t believe in. Will go to portal if Cig doesn’t think Jackson can handle it 

• Like 2

I don't know about a timeline but IU has always had a good shot at getting him come signing day as long as they produced on the field. Is this rumor accurate? Idk. I do know that there are some boosters talking like he is going to commit so the IU staff must feel good about things if that is the case. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2024 at 6:36 PM, DC2345 said:

USC feels he's locked up though so we'll see what happens. 

Their loss vs Minny yesterday certainly can't hurt IU if he's in fact wavering/or backing out now.  

I'll step out on a ledge and say I don't care for decommitments and this is no different. However, IU mentioned as being legit in the picture definitely sounds great to me as a Hoosiers "Homer".  😆 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Could IU jump over USC in the standings over the next couple weeks? Would that matter to Lewis? I'm sure it would be noticed! 

I personally think IU jumps USC in the standings today.  Will we remain that way over the course of the season?  Who the hell knows.  But the on field product right now at least has to be pretty level regardless of the history of the two programs.  The passing numbers Rourke is putting up can’t hurt either right?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I personally think IU jumps USC in the standings today.  Will we remain that way over the course of the season?  Who the hell knows.  But the on field product right now at least has to be pretty level regardless of the history of the two programs.  The passing numbers Rourke is putting up can’t hurt either right?

I would think any RB, WR or QB would salivate at the thought of playing in this offense. It's truly a balanced attack, and the RBs this season have taken a ton of pressure off Rourke.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I would say the chances are good for that. It just seems a little odd that he’s making another cross country trip. Either he’s solidifying something or just not sure…JMO

Looks like a great recruit and QB. Hopefully he changes his mind and chooses IU. We are in a good spot with winning and QB play. That being said I am sure this coach is smarter than we are and has a plan. Whether it be a current QB or potentially a transfer or recruit. Lewis would be great for the program and hope he comes here. But not the end of the world. Just my thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Looks like a great recruit and QB. Hopefully he changes his mind and chooses IU. We are in a good spot with winning and QB play. That being said I am sure this coach is smarter than we are and has a plan. Whether it be a current QB or potentially a transfer or recruit. Lewis would be great for the program and hope he comes here. But not the end of the world. Just my thoughts. 

Well said. I feel Coach Cignetti and Co. know exactly what they want and how to do it. Now, whether Julian comes or not remains to be seen, if he doesn’t I’m super confident the coaching staff won’t miss a beat.

• Like 1