2025 QB Julian Lewis

KDB

12 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Auburn isn’t. They poached Knight away from ND even though that hasn’t been announced yet. 

Yep I’m a ND fan and it’s definitely happening. Not sure why he hasn’t announced the flip. It’s actually weirdly almost same exact timeline and flip watch as Lewis has going. Auburn paid good money for him and he’s going to get to play right away. ND has a stud freshman that will start for next year and year after who is better than knight so I think Lewis comes down to USC/IU. No way Lewis wants the drama that is Colorado and if he does he’s just not the guy IU wants anyways. No high recruit in their right mind would want to go to the college football version of fight club and if they do then well their a different kind of high recruit.

37 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Ok, I don't like your opinion...anyone else?  :)

I don't have an opinion because I have zero clue what the 16 yr old in GA is thinking, and no better than the recruiting analysts are... it doesn't seem like they know either. 

Relationships have certainly mattered up until this point, in this recruitment, maybe they'll help us win out. 

Rourke going and balling out this year and having a clean pocket would probably REALLY help in this kids recruitment. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't have an opinion because I have zero clue what the 16 yr old in GA is thinking, and no better than the recruiting analysts are... it doesn't seem like they know either. 

Relationships have certainly mattered up until this point, in this recruitment, maybe they'll help us win out. 

Rourke going and balling out this year and having a clean pocket would probably REALLY help in this kids recruitment. 

If Coach Cig shows he can replicate the offense and team success at IU he's enjoyed in the past, that will open doors for Lewis and many others. The Sunseri factor could help with not only Lewis, but future qb's as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.on3.com/news/julian-lewis-dream-nil-deals-he-would-sign-usc-qb-commit-nike-lamborghini-juju/

It is just my opinion but I feel Lewis is using us and other schools to drive up the price on USC

....He definitely knows he won't get Nike gear with IU, but what's really more important to him when choosing schools,.......Nike, BIG $$$ or Coach Sunseri? 

Edited by Artesian_86

6 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I wouldn't use IU as a bargaining chip in a bidding war for football.

I was gonna say. Not sure IU is driving up the price much unless he's just saying stuff like "It's gonna take a lot of  $$$ to keep me away from Coach Sunseri..." Because I assume both Colorado and USC have a lot more $$ to offer than we do and the cat would get out of the bag as to what the actual offers are. 

• Like 1

I have to wonder what Julian thinks of the first two games USC, IU and Colorado have played so far..... 

I know we haven't played anyone yet, but the offense and defense has been much more impressive so far than years past. Again, I know it's hard to tell with who we've played so far, but I like what I've seen so far. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I have to wonder what Julian thinks of the first two games USC, IU and Colorado have played so far..... 

I know we haven't played anyone yet, but the offense and defense has been much more impressive so far than years past. Again, I know it's hard to tell with who we've played so far, but I like what I've seen so far. 

USC is 2-0 and ranked in top 25.  Colorado is 1-1 and was killed by Nebraska.  

If his decision is being swayed by how the teams have looked on the field, then USC is still on top with us in 2nd.

4 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

USC is 2-0 and ranked in top 25.  Colorado is 1-1 and was killed by Nebraska.  

If his decision is being swayed by how the teams have looked on the field, then USC is still on top with us in 2nd.

....all true and obvious, but to my point,......

Does IU have the edge as long and IU continues to improve, play well and win? I think being coached by Sunseri is a major part of this recruitment. Time will tell how much that weighs on his decision till possibly after the IU/Maryland game. That is, if he still plans to make a visit.

“If I do go (back to Indiana) to a game it would be them vs Maryland,” Lewis told On3’s Steve Wiltfong.

That game is Sept. 28.

• Like 1