2025 QB Julian Lewis

KDB

I doubt his arm strength is average for his age, these films are him as a SO in HS playing against JRs/SRs. This kid is a reclass... I'm willing to bet the arm is well above average. 

There was a comparison made to Chris Leak, former UF QB, and I thought that was a good one.

Throwing for 7000+ yards and almost 90 TDs as a FR and SO is absolutely stupid in big boy football in GA

• Like 3

IU's QB room right now might be the best in a long time and maybe ever top to bottom with Rourke, Jackson, Cherry, and Mendoza. Add Lewis as the possible incoming Freshman and it makes the room even better. Talent and competition wouldn't be lacking. What this staff is doing is incredible from a roster construction standpoint. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

IU's QB room right now might be the best in a long time and maybe ever top to bottom with Rourke, Jackson, Cherry, and Mendoza. Add Lewis as the possible incoming Freshman and it makes the room even better. Talent and competition wouldn't be lacking. What this staff is doing is incredible from a roster construction standpoint. 

Sudfeld, Coffman, and Roberson 

Of course, Kevin Wilson was also the QB whisper, so that helped--- and we had real dudes at WR (same as this season)

I like this QB room though, you're right. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sudfeld, Coffman, and Roberson 

Of course, Kevin Wilson was also the QB whisper, so that helped--- and we had real dudes at WR (same as this season)

I like this QB room though, you're right. 

.....the issue was, Coach Wilson never whispered at his players..... 😉lol

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

Sounds good.  Hopefully based on more than just using Tom Loy's opinion. 

One accidently called our QB by his brother's name (Nathan Rourke).

There's more smoke than just that out there. 

Edited by DC2345

On 8/14/2024 at 9:34 AM, btownqb said:

Chase Daniel, Drew Brees, Chris Leak would be decent comps

I love those comparisons.  Chris Leak was a stud that some people forget about because of Tebow. Smooth, consistent leader that made it look easy. Threw a tight spiral that got there in a hurry. Wasn't huge or elite runner, but could scramble and pick up yards when necessary. 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2024 at 10:44 AM, DC2345 said:

We  add Lewis that QB room wont stay that way.

5 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

This is awesome. It got my attention as well when they were mentioning others coming with him to Bloomington!! GO HOOSIERS!!

Adding Lewis, should elevate recruiting across the board. Good players want to play with other good players. Considering this is IU football we're talking about, this is almost beyond my comprehension.

• Like 1

Watching him just on a replay of high school showcase on ESPNU.  They interviewed him before the game.

• Apparently Indiana is not the only rumored destination.  Auburn and another school (Colorado?) in the mix as well.  
  • He stated on camera that he was still committed to USC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Watching him just on a replay of high school showcase on ESPNU.  They interviewed him before the game.

• Apparently Indiana is not the only rumored destination.  Auburn and another school (Colorado?) in the mix as well.  

Colorado is, yes.

On 8/17/2024 at 8:30 AM, 5fouls said:

Auburn isn’t. They poached Knight away from ND even though that hasn’t been announced yet. 

On 8/15/2024 at 5:17 PM, FritzIam4IU said:

This is awesome. It got my attention as well when they were mentioning others coming with him to Bloomington!! GO HOOSIERS!!

I drove some recruits this summer that said this very thing. If Lewis flipped they would come to IU. A TE and a couple big linemen

• Like 6