2025 QB Julian Lewis

KDB

On 8/2/2024 at 10:59 AM, eddy4iu said:

Those are in response to offers being official now rather than verbal.  Official offers couldn't be extended until August 1st.  Heard he put out a similar tweet for Colorado offer in addition to IU & USC.

Yep. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Combination of both. I don’t think he goes to USC at this point

I'm interested on what kind of money was offered Julian from IU..... I think IU can compete with the other schools when comes to money offered to a player like Julian, but not outbid them.  In my opinion........, I don't think the school with the highest NIL offer is what eventually gets Julian. It's the relationships and confidence in his development as a NFL QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Good Lord if this happens. 

.....yet IU is rarely spoken about or even mentioned in the same sentence with the other schools. I'm not saying it will happen, but if there truly is some smoke to this...... whew.

Edited by Artesian_86

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Good Lord if this happens. 

19 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

.....yet IU rarely spoken about or even mentioned in the same sentence with the other schools. I'm not saying it will happen, but if there truly is some smoke to this...... whew.

IMG_4284.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/8/2024 at 12:42 PM, Artesian_86 said:

.....yet IU is rarely spoken about or even mentioned in the same sentence with the other schools. I'm not saying it will happen, but if there truly is some smoke to this...... whew.

Most of those articles are written by the program "beat" reporters/bloggers. And reading some of them, I believe we know more about his recruitment than they do. They don't think we have a shot because of our history but haven't seemingly done any research as to why we're in the hunt to begin with. Having coach+player personal relationship is a very big deal in recruiting, as it should be. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

On another well known site, the admin stated Lewis put, on X, that it’s “almost time”.  Apparently meaning hes almost ready to commit and that it could be soon. Take it with many grains of salt, then add some. Just what the chatter is. Either way, I’d be beyond stoked if it were true. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kycarter88 said:

On another well known site, the admin stated Lewis put, on X, that it’s “almost time”.  Apparently meaning hes almost ready to commit and that it could be soon. Take it with many grains of salt, then add some. Just what the chatter is. Either way, I’d be beyond stoked if it were true. 

For you or anyone else I have to ask just because it's the way my brain works. What do the detractors say about this kid? I mean if he's the best did others move on like Auburn? No offense to us but I know our place in the pecking order of college football. Just curious why it's us and Colorado and nobody else?

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For you or anyone else I have to ask just because it's the way my brain works. What do the detractors say about this kid? I mean if he's the best did others move on like Auburn? No offense to us but I know our place in the pecking order of college football. Just curious why it's us and Colorado and nobody else?

When he committed to USC, he held offers from Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State (https://www.on3.com/college/usc-trojans/news/2026-no-1-prospect-usc-qb-commit-julian-lewis-breaks-school-passing-td-record/).

I'm guessing some of the schools moved on when he verballed to USC.  He might also be more straight forward with schools that he has no interest in attending (thus keeping a more manageable list than those recruits that list 8-10+ schools as being finalists.  He is also small for a QB at just over 6'1 175 lbs 

Seems to have excellent accuracy (TD to INT ratio is excellent) but throws don't seem to be as rocket-like as Penix.  

I would say

• Below Average Size
  • Average Arm Strength
  • Excellent Passing Accuracy
  • Good decision-making
  • Enough speed to escape the pocket but not dual threat

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Other schools got other QB’s and the main reason he’s leaning towards IU is because of his relationship with Sunseri. Relationships in recruiting always matter in some form or fashion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Other schools got other QB’s and the main reason he’s leaning towards IU is because of his relationship with Sunseri. Relationships in recruiting always matter in some form or fashion.

I almost bet that Julian hoped to be able to play under the direction of Coach Sunseri when he got to college. I can only imagine that when IU opened up and Tino went there with CCC, that was a much better school and opportunity than showcasing his talent at JMU. I totally agree, relationships are huge, but he was never going to play at JMU with Coach Sunseri, because it was JMU....(Captain Obvious, here...) lol

.....side note, any idea what kind of NIL money is being offered to Julian from USC, Colorado and IU? I've said it in another post, but I don't think the NIL $ is #1 in the deciding factor of his eventual school choice.

Edited by Artesian_86

17 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I almost bet that Julian hoped to be able to play under the direction of Coach Sunseri when he got to college. I can only imagine that when IU opened up and Tino went there with CCC, that was a much better school and opportunity than showcasing his talent at JMU. I totally agree, relationships are huge, but he was never going to play at JMU with Coach Sunseri, because it was JMU....(Captain Obvious, here...) lol

I would tend to agree with this thought. His relationship with Sunseri is at the forefront. The prospect of playing in one of the 2 premier conferences (and the only national, not regional, conference) has to also be enticing.  Add to that the opportunity for early playing time you probably wouldn't have at a top 10 program, and I can see the draw. Let's hope it happens!

• Like 2