2025 QB Julian Lewis

KDB

29 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I don't think it's trolling if he likes our QB coach as much as he has indicated. That would be kinda disrespectful. I'm usually an idiot about stuff like this, but I think the interest is real. Maybe he likes the challenge if he sees a path to success.

I also saw this: 

So I think we might be cooking. Seems like a lot of smoke. 

• Like 3

On 7/9/2024 at 5:01 PM, cthomas said:

I don't think it's trolling if he likes our QB coach as much as he has indicated. That would be kinda disrespectful. I'm usually an idiot about stuff like this, but I think the interest is real. Maybe he likes the challenge if he sees a path to success.

He may not be viewing it as trolling but rather seeing it as giving IU free publicity.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2024 at 10:07 AM, iuswingman said:

Finally some respect that we are legit in the race.

We are in it but I still think he ends up with Deion. IU has talent in the room already. CU can get him on the field next year. With Primes kids gone that bag will be huge. I bought a box of Leaf football cards yesterday and pulled 2 of his cards, so i hope he is great no matter where he goes. This could be that recruit that turns our program around. I posted this before but a few recruits i drove said if Lewis committed they were coming to. He could open the flood gates to top talent.

Edited by Indykev

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We are in it but I still think he ends up with Deion. IU has talent in the room already. CU can get him on the field next year. With Primes kids gone that bag will be huge.

I wouldn't be shocked if our QB room was better but don't think Lewis could beat out Jackson and Cherry?

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

I wouldn't be shocked if our QB room was better but don't think Lewis could beat out Jackson and Cherry?

I havent seen either play since being coached up here so i cant say. could he yes. but maybe not in year one.

4 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

One thing the staff can do is improve the O-line. that would help. I'm afraid when practice starts the locker room is going to smell like a bar with all the beer coming out of the pours of the linemen from the busy summer at the Bluebird.

On 7/10/2024 at 9:29 AM, Artesian_86 said:

For all those who like to read into things or look for hints. Julian just posted this a few minutes ago on instagram… 

Notice the photo on the right. Lol

It’s in a school setting with all red… hmmmm? lol IMG_6661.thumb.jpeg.654feae3594d11f48abd3ef6b0ecbe31.jpeg

Under Armour = Auburn. The only Under Armour school recruiting him I believe.

28 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We are in it but I still think he ends up with Deion. IU has talent in the room already. CU can get him on the field next year. With Primes kids gone that bag will be huge.

…..uhhhh, yes IU has some QB talent, but not anywhere close to Julian Lewis talent.
IF, and that’s a big IF  he’s at IU next year it’s because of three reasons……

#1. Tino Sunseri already has a well established, long standing and respected relationship with Julian. Believe it or not this has its advantages on a personal level with young kids. 

#2. He will be the starter from day one, not because he was promised, but because he’s that much better than the rest of IU’s QB group. 

#3. IU is the Dark Horse… I think IU can throw some money at him too, but not $4 million. 

JMO…

Go IU!

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

…..uhhhh, yes IU has some QB talent, but not anywhere close to Julian Lewis talent.
IF, and that’s a big IF  he’s at IU next year it’s because of three reasons……

#1. Tino Sunseri already has a well established, long standing and respected relationship with Julian. Believe it or not this has its advantages on a personal level with young kids. 

#2. He will be the starter from day one, not because he was promised, but because he’s that much better than the rest of IU’s QB group. 

#3. IU is the Dark Horse… I think IU can throw some money at him too, but not $4 million. 

JMO…

Go IU!

no reason to add JMO. everything here is JMO. although some think they are experts. 😃. I agree really. But you hope those 4 star QB's are getting coached up and can beat out a Freshman in year one no matter how good they are in high school. Lets hope we find out.

34 minutes ago, Indykev said:

no reason to add JMO. everything here is JMO. although some think they are experts. 😃. I agree really. But you hope those 4 star QB's are getting coached up and can beat out a Freshman in year one no matter how good they are in high school. Lets hope we find out.

lol…. I alway make sure to watch include “JMO”…. Some on here are very accusatory. I just like to throw my opinion out there and see who’s with me. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

lol…. I alway make sure to watch include “JMO”…. Some on here are very accusatory. I just like to throw my opinion out there and see who’s with me. 

Regardless of what happens, being in the conversation for a kid like Lewis is a win for IU football. It draws attention to the program in a positive manner. Now if CCC can deliver, and I think he can, we will be off and running to a new era of IU football.

38 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Do you think that seeing our new style of play after a few weeks of games this year will have an impact on his decision or will he have already announced a decision before the season starts?  

If we somehow find a way to lose a nonconference game, then I could see it hurting our chances.    Not sure style matters so much as winning what we should and being competitive against the better teams.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok gang. Anyone hearing anything? I'm no way an insider on anything. Won't profess to be but it sounds like more than just listing us in his final school stuff.

I know absolutely nothing, but the relationship with the qb coach can't be dismissed. Lewis apparently likes and trusts him. From a development perspective that is huge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cthomas said:

I know absolutely nothing, but the relationship with the qb coach can't be dismissed. Lewis apparently likes and trusts him. From a development perspective that is huge.

I totally agree on the qb coach relationship.  NFL talent is developed in many different places. Coaching,  development,  and opportunity are huge.

I would also offer keeping Bostad and continued improvement of our o-line will be instrumental as well. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you're on your backside or running for your life, no one will see what you can really do. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Those are in response to offers being official now rather than verbal.  Official offers couldn't be extended until August 1st.  Heard he put out a similar tweet for Colorado offer in addition to IU & USC.