2025 QB Julian Lewis

KDB

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Playing as a true freshman at this level is a tall task anyway.  Even Arch Manning doesn’t start yet.  

likely would sit behind TJ for one year, maybe two depending academically where TJ is next year AND if he would stay as a graduate then have a shot at starting his sophomore season at the earliest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I felt him coming to the Nebraska game was really a squeeze to get him here just getting back from USC the following weekend.

It had more to do with timing. He had a game the night before and it was going to be a rush to get to IU for a noon start. Something came up and they just couldn't get there. Washington makes a lot more sense to be able to get to. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Playing as a true freshman at this level is a tall task anyway.  Even Arch Manning doesn’t start yet.  

Anyone that says Lewis would start day 1 has no clue about football recruiting and player development. It's rare for true freshman to start for a reason. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Anyone that says Lewis would start day 1 has no clue about football recruiting and player development. It's rare for true freshman to start for a reason. 

If he wants to truly develop and play at the next level, he has to go where he feels the right kind of coaching is going to get him there. He could definitely go to a school and be there starter, but learning and developing would be rushed. He seems like the kind of player that would be ok with not starting and learning behind someone. We will see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

"Lincoln Riley’s current buyout if Jen Cohen did decide to move on from him would be pushing anywhere from $60 to $80 million." 

California Dreamin' 🙂

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

"Lincoln Riley’s current buyout if Jen Cohen did decide to move on from him would be pushing anywhere from $60 to $80 million." 

California Dreamin' 🙂

Please ask my boss to pay me $60 - $80 million to not work anymore. 

I might even be generous and accept the $60 million and let them keep the other twenty.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

this one is strange UNLESS he knows what IU is and has to offer.  If he truly decommits, maybe one last round of visits to other "potential" school(s) before coming to IU "last" before making a decision?

I think he's just making a final round of visits prior to making a final decision. Obviously Colorado is the hardest school in terms of travel time to get to from Georgia. So it makes sense that he would make that trip on his bye week. 

• Like 2