Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

Coach Cignetti seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

I get it, I've been there, I'm in it. You work because you have to but you know you're capable of a lot more. 

Coach Cig, I think, deep down is pissed and has the fire.  Now he has the opportunity to prove himself and he's absolutely crushing it. 

At this point Ohio State 50/50

There is no other bastardization 10 team that could compete.  Oh, forgot Oregon, well right now we could beat anyone.

• Like 1

So I was looking at Big 10 football coach's salaries and trying to figure out what would be a good place for Dolson to put him...

Right now he's on the lower end at 4 mil (yeah...lower end 🤑 and that's total pay, excluding bonuses) with an additional slightly less than 1 mil in bonuses (which I'm sure he's earned or will earn)...

I'm thinking a raise to 6 mil with 1.5 in bonuses and an extension (his contract is currently 6 years) with a graduating scale...

Thoughts?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So I was looking at Big 10 football coach's salaries and trying to figure out what would be a good place for Dolson to put him...

Right now he's on the lower end at 4 mil (yeah...lower end 🤑 and that's total pay, excluding bonuses) with an additional slightly less than 1 mil in bonuses (which I'm sure he's earned or will earn)...

I'm thinking a raise to 6 mil with 1.5 in bonuses and an extension (his contract is currently 6 years) with a graduating scale...

Thoughts?

I also wonder if Dolson could entice Cig with having significant say in renovations/expansion of the stadium and/or practice facilities 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

I also wonder if Dolson could entice Cig with having significant say in renovations/expansion of the stadium and/or practice facilities 

I would like that… shows the school’s commitment to football and would give fans even more to enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Thoughts?

I thought he has already qualified for an extra million or so and could potentially get another million? There was an article detailing it a while back.

34 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I thought he has already qualified for an extra million or so and could potentially get another million? There was an article detailing it a while back.

I was just going by what the article said, but shoot, I'd throw another mil at him just on GPs 🙂

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was just going by what the article said, but shoot, I'd throw another mil at him just on GPs 🙂

This article has a little more detail-

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/bonus-tracker-what-indiana-football-coach-curt-cignetti-contract-has-earned-so-far-plus-future-bonuses-to-come-buyout-01jat7w9fkvt

$4M base.

Already earned a $250k retention bonus, $250k for a bowl appearance (and $500k extra for the staff), $250k for a top 6 B1G finish. Gets another $250k if we make it up to second, $500k for making the CFP, $100k for NCOTY, and $50k for B1GCOTY. 

Looks to me like he is at $4.75M for this year with the potential for more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Can he coach basketball?

Tony Hinkle coached football, basketball and baseball for Butler. Coached all three 1935-1941 and 1946-1969. Career records:

Football:  183-104-16

Basketball: 560-392

Baseball 335-309-5

Incredible. 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1