Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

33 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I like that he doesn't pay a lot of homage to the past. What is there to respect from any of our previous coaches. This is a new era. His era. CCC has the attitude that has been needed here for a long time. We have no idea what Hep might have accomplished. He died before he had a chance. I really don't know what we want to preserve from our football past because for the most part it sucks. Losingest program in history. I'm all in with CCC.

Some things from the past deserve to be treated differently than others.  Given why Hep's Rock even exists, I would put it in the 'don't mess with that' category. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Some things from the past deserve to be treated differently than others.  Given why Hep's Rock even exists, I would put it in the 'don't mess with that' category. 

I know what you are saying and from a sentimental standpoint I agree. But if we ever want to move forward, maybe we have to distance ourselves from the past, whatever that was. Hep never had a winning season. Coach Lynch got us barely to a bowl game after Hep was gone. I don't mean to disrespect him at all, but I am OK with whatever CCC wants to do to make this his program. We need a new direction. I've suffered through IU football since the 50's and I am more than ready for some success.

• Like 4

I like the move of the rock. It is a memorial piece of a person. Like a statue at any other stadium, it is placed for fan interaction. 

Otherwise there is not significance of a storied history of IU football program. 

I think IU football is desperate to change the narrative of IU football. I think it needs new "branding" to start. 

• Like 2

All that needs to be said:

With approval from the Hoeppner family, Hep's Rock, a three-ton limestone remnant from the original Memorial Stadium construction, will be relocated from its north end zone location to the east concourse of Memorial Stadium to make it an even larger part of the IU gameday fan experience.

The Rock sat in the north end zone from 2005 through the 2023 season, and changes to the structure of Memorial Stadium limited fan access over time.

In its new location, Hep's Rock will now be a formal part of The Walk, with players, coaches, and staff, each interacting with the touchstone prior to entering the stadium. It's location also makes Hep's Rock accessible to students, alumni, and fans at any time.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2024/7/10/football-gameday-upgrades-to-memorial-stadium-underway

• Like 5

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Clemson has a rock to rub. We can keep ours outside the stadium. I wasn't a fan of the location of it to begin with. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Clemson has a rock to rub. We can keep ours outside the stadium. I wasn't a fan of the location of it to begin with. 

I agree. Most statues of football, baseball, and basketball players are outside the stadium. Normally, the purpose of statues and tributes etc. is for reflection of the person/event. The more people that can see it the better. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 7:20 PM, 5fouls said:

Interesting in a good way or a questionable way?  I haven't given it a lot of thought recently, but my first thought when it was announced was I didnt really like it.

I thought otherwise.  I liked it.  I liked that it was now accessible to fans.

26 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I thought otherwise.  I liked it.  I liked that it was now accessible to fans.

Before it wasn't only "not accessible to fans"... 

It was kinda hidden to even see at all and no one, outside of watching on TV, would have a good view of it. 

Not sure how many of you follow Big Game Boomer on Twitter. Anyway he does these lists about Coaches and for the first time I can remember ever we've had a top 50 assistant named on every list. Whether QB Coach or DC or OC,etc....

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure how many of you follow Big Game Boomer on Twitter. Anyway he does these lists about Coaches and for the first time I can remember ever we've had a top 50 assistant named on every list. Whether QB Coach or DC or OC,etc....

The quality of this staff has to make a difference in the on field performance. Small improvements in all facets of game should add up to big improvements in results.

• Like 3