Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

Seems like a pretty big haul this quickly after OV this past weekend. Cool part is "The New Indiana" slogan was made by the players not our staff.

Coach Cig is nailing this first portal season and summer recruiting so far. Can't wait for some football to see the changes on the field.

• Like 2

Cignetti hasn't even coached a game and this is the most confident I've ever felt in the direction of the program. All the dude does is win and he is already recruiting at an above average level and I think that's only going to get even better. I love the staff as a whole.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Cignetti hasn't even coached a game and this is the most confident I've ever felt in the direction of the program. All the dude does is win and he is already recruiting at an above average level and I think that's only going to get even better. I love the staff as a whole.

I’m at that level I was with Penix coming off the 2020 year. Never thigit I’d reach that again. Seems really weird I have this much confidence in the football program 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Eliminate the stupid penalties and undisciplined play and I will be a happy guy.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2024 at 9:46 AM, cthomas said:

Eliminate the stupid penalties and undisciplined play and I will be a happy guy.

Get ANY plays out of the defensive line and some decent QB play and I will be happy guy and they will be bowling. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cig is great: 

"Curt Cignetti on expectations for Indiana:  

"We want to be the best. You don't bring your kids up, 'We want to be fourth best, we want to be fifth best.'   

"Bullshit. We want to be the best." 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say the same thing I've said since he was hired. Haven't been this excited about a guy since Hep. His comments about Allen players leaving doing us a favor was interesting. 

Man, I agree with all of that. If he can't make IU relevant in football, we might as well shut the program down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say the same thing I've said since he was hired. Haven't been this excited about a guy since Hep. His comments about Allen players leaving doing us a favor was interesting. 

Moving Hep's rock outside the stadium was interesting as well.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Moving Hep's rock outside the stadium was interesting as well.

Interesting in a good way or a questionable way?  I haven't given it a lot of thought recently, but my first thought when it was announced was I didnt really like it.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Interesting in a good way or a questionable way?  I haven't given it a lot of thought recently, but my first thought when it was announced was I didnt really like it.

Hep put it there to give the team something to rally around, protect the rock, home field. Now its in the parking lot. Might as well have rolled it back to the woods while kicking Hep in the nuts. The last coach to come in and change everything was Sam Wyche, went 0-11, Now Cig says no team captains, first time since 1952. Wish him luck. But you might want to win first playing with the big boys.

20 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Hep put it there to give the team something to rally around, protect the rock, home field. Now its in the parking lot. Might as well have rolled it back to the woods while kicking Hep in the nuts. The last coach to come in and change everything was Sam Wyche, went 0-11, Now Cig says no team captains, first time since 1952. Wish him luck. But you might want to win first playing with the big boys.

In my mind, Hep would appreciate the brashness. But I get where you are coming from. I do know I will pay homage to The Rock at the new location before home games. I got a mini-season ticket this year, first time I've had a ticket package for IU football since Randle-El was a senior. 

• Like 2

I like that he doesn't pay a lot of homage to the past. What is there to respect from any of our previous coaches. This is a new era. His era. CCC has the attitude that has been needed here for a long time. We have no idea what Hep might have accomplished. He died before he had a chance. I really don't know what we want to preserve from our football past because for the most part it sucks. Losingest program in history. I'm all in with CCC.

• Like 4