Potential HC Candidates

KDB

Just now, KDB said:

Chryst isn’t my first choice, but he would have the best track record of literally any IUFB coach ever. I’ll be ready to support him if he’s the choice.

Same - I don't get some of the pushback on him.

Is he an exciting hire? No. Is he probably the best we can do in terms of proven success? Yes. 

Still not my top choice, but we could do A LOT worse than him IMO. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDB said:

Chryst isn’t my first choice, but he would have the best track record of literally any IUFB coach ever. I’ll be ready to support him if he’s the choice.

Yeah no idea, just checking his Twitter he hates Chryst and wants anyone else but him, and is now tweeting how disappointed he in the hire, so that’s my guess? 

30 minutes ago, HoosierFan997 said:

Yeah no idea, just checking his Twitter he hates Chryst and wants anyone else but him, and is now tweeting how disappointed he in the hire, so that’s my guess? 

Chryst knows what he’s doing so we could do worse.  However, in terms of my personal criteria, he doesn’t meet the energy, recruiting and NIL requirements.  I think he’d be competent but he seems like he needs a defribillator to get any enthusiasm going.  I don’t want a guy cashing a check.  We need hunger.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

There is no way in the world we land Gruden, but if that actually happens I’m requesting an IU visor for Christmas as soon as the news breaks. 

Dakich said there is definite interest from Gruden and he is DD's 2nd choice after Dan Mullen. (Mullen told Dakich today he's staying in broadcasting)

48 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

The fundamental collapse in trust comment is what has me confused. Was there a deal in principle and then IU backed out or the candidate backed out?

Could that be about the $3 million ‘appearing’ for NIL. They may be implying that something was keeping that money from coming out while Allen was coaching. 

That was my first thought. I don’t think it’s worth overthinking random tweets. 

If it makes anyone feel better, I knew people would be upset with the new hire right when Allen got fired. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dakich said there is definite interest from Gruden and he is DD's 2nd choice after Dan Mullen. (Mullen told Dakich today he's staying in broadcasting)

I was intrigued by Mullen until I read about how his recruiting effort was too minimalistic according to the Florida people.   I just can’t buy into that even though he obviously has a good football mind.  But if college coach is the profession you chose, no excuses, go recruit relentlessly.  

7 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Could that be about the $3 million ‘appearing’ for NIL. They may be implying that something was keeping that money from coming out while Allen was coaching. 

That was my first thought. I don’t think it’s worth overthinking random tweets. 

If it makes anyone feel better, I knew people would be upset with the new hire right when Allen got fired.