IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

10 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Fun scrimmage to watch.  Great to see the new roster.  

Hatton looks like he should get solid backup minutes.   He’s well put together and will work.   

Tucker has the agility to play defense on the perimeter as well as the ball handling, although his offense has a way to go.  With his length and agility he can be very versatile.  

Goode looked good.

The offense was still not dynamic.  Lot of bricks.  We’ve got some guys who look comfortable shooting in the mid-range but not as much if you stretch it out to 3.  Hopefully that will get a lot better.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

You can’t take too much from a 12 minute scrimmage, but…

Tucker looks like he will be tough to kee off the floor by late January. 

Goode, from where I sat, was the most vocal guy on the team. He was constantly talking and directing guys, especially on defense. I didn’t hear as much of that from the red team. 

Ballo will be a problem for other teams on defense. 

Rice looked more comfortable as the game went on. I think I’m going to like both him and Carlyle. 

I'm still nervous about our shooting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Thanks for sharing!  I absolutely love having Ballo in there!  Also like seeing Rice and Carlyle confident with the ball, quick, and athletic.  Good to have Goode as a shooter off the bench.  Mgbako looking more and more like a man.  Tucker will be solid.  We know what Galloway brings when healthy.  Hatton looked good, but it's hard to imagine minutes for him when you have Reneau and Ballo.  I think most of us would rather have a smaller lineup when one of them are out with MgBako or Goode at the 4?  I like the talent of this team.  Nice to come into the season with a number by our name too!  This just seems like a team built to get the ball in to the post or drive.  I'm totally good with that personally, but shooting still scares me and at some point we have to be able to shoot.  Now at the same time, I can see an argument that MgBako can shoot, obviously Goode, I think Rice.  Carlyle?  Not so sure.  Our weak early schedule might move us up a little with other teams losing unless they count our SOS against us.  Go Hoosiers!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

Reserving judgment.  Offense didn't look any more fast paced or open to me, but what do I know. MM looked good. Tennessee will tell us a lot.

Because it won't be. Woodson just says what people want to hear. I figured that out at Hubers. But they did space the floor and shoot more 3s in this scrimmage so there is that. With the amount of good players on this team, 25 wins should be the minimum.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 2