IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

27 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I guess he did have a choice but he came to the realization it wasn't going to end well after his discussions with Dolson after the season. That's why he all of a sudden started putting in a greater effort with recruiting high school players. This isn't a guess either.

I can believe Dolson, Woodson, and the coaching staff sat down and went over lessons learned and new strategies to get on the track to success...that's what good organizations who have good people working in the right places do...

But I don't for a minute believe there were any ultimatums delivered...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Sounds like Dolson isn't a "true fan" either, then...😁

To this point the way things had been trending wasn't acceptable. IU was losing on the court and didn't have any recruits after losing their lone high school recruit. IU is in a better place right now. Partially because Woody's buddies started handing out money but also Woodson has changed his in person tactics with high school recruits. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I can believe Dolson, Woodson, and the coaching staff sat down and went over lessons learned and new strategies to get on the track to success...that's what good organizations who have good people working in the right places do...

But I don't for a minute believe there were any ultimatums delivered...

I don't think it was necessarily an ultimatum but everyone including Woodson knows what the writing on the wall would be after those conversations. Especially since there were people connected to the University that did have back channel conversations last year. Woody got the point and it is pretty clear. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I don't think it was necessarily an ultimatum but everyone including Woodson knows what the writing on the wall would be after those conversations. Especially since there were people connected to the University that did have back channel conversations last year. Woody got the point and it is pretty clear. 

Yeah, I remember all the "back channel discussions" from another thread...

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

That’s why they have the Charmin soft non-con schedule this season. 

It boils down to winning doesn't it?  Fans just want to win. Winning sells and hides any deficit. If IU wins, fans are happy, seats fill, merch sells etc, and Woodson or who ever wears the face is safe. 

Clearly, I could give 2 poo poos less about Woodson. Win or lose. He is no more of value in my mind than Archie Miller. I wasn't around in the 70s to idolize him. He is as far off from being an RMK as Corey Feldman is to being Michael Jackson. 

I am about IU and I want IU to win period point blank. This new roster provides hope and I look forward to seeing how they stack up against teams with a pulse.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That’s why they have the Charmin soft non-con schedule this season. 

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Doesn't everyone? 

No. Just one quick example. KY plays Duke in Atlanta, Clemson at Clemson, Gonzaga in Seattle and Ohio State in Madison Sq Garden. IU leaves AH once in the non-con. 

1 hour ago, Inequality said:

It boils down to winning doesn't it?  Fans just want to win. Winning sells and hides any deficit. If IU wins, fans are happy, seats fill, merch sells etc, and Woodson or who ever wears the face is safe. 

Clearly, I could give 2 poo poos less about Woodson. Win or lose. He is no more of value in my mind than Archie Miller. I wasn't around in the 70s to idolize him. He is as far off from being an RMK as Corey Feldman is to being Michael Jackson. 

I am about IU and I want IU to win period point blank. This new roster provides hope and I look forward to seeing how they stack up against teams with a pulse.

As you said, winning cure all things. Win and everyone shuts the F*ck up about everything.  Easy Peasy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

No. Just one quick example. KY plays Duke in Atlanta, Clemson at Clemson, Gonzaga in Seattle and Ohio State in Madison Sq Garden. IU leaves AH once in the non-con. 

mmmm... SEC only plays 18 conference games, they have 2 fewer games starting every year against Power 4 competition than the B1G does. Kentucky plays Colgate, Brown, Lipscomb, Georgia State, WKU, Jackson St, and Wright State at home. Yawn. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am unimpressed with most teams non conf schedules that I see. The whole sport needs revamped in that regard, IMO, not seeing a specific IU complaint on this one. 

"IU leaves AH once in non-conf".... ooooook... but "once" = 3 games

I don't like our non-conference schedule at all, but a lot of schools that I see have POOP schedules, too. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

i think the "Charmin soft" schedule has more to do with playing the metrics game rather than whatever you are eluding to.

It only helps the metrics game if you win by 30+ against the bad teams, which usually only good teams can do. IMO playing the metrics game is overblown. It simply comes down to playing well regardless of opponent.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kdug said:

It only helps the metrics game if you win by 30+ against the bad teams, which usually only good teams can do. IMO playing the metrics game is overblown. It simply comes down to playing well regardless of opponent.

beating a scrub by 15 points is better than losing to Auburn and uconn by 30.

I think we will see changes in how the game is managed game 1. I dont think Woodson will hockey sub lineups like he has the previous seasons during non con vs lesser opponents. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

beating a scrub by 15 points is better than losing to Auburn and uconn by 30.

I think we will see changes in how the game is managed game 1. I dont think Woodson will hockey sub lineups like he has the previous seasons during non con vs lesser opponents. 

If we were a good team, we wouldn’t be losing to Auburn and UConn by 30 points. Also, that’s not really true. According to Torvik, our home win vs Army was by far our worst game last year. Using his metrics our adjusted net rating vs Army was -17.2, our adjusted net rating vs UConn was +9.9, and our adjusted net rating vs Auburn was +5.2.

If you schedule cupcakes, you better blow them out or your metrics will tank.

Edited by Kdug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I dont think Woodson will hockey sub lineups like he has the previous seasons during non con vs lesser opponents. 

This is disagree with.  This might be the biggest complain that hangs around.  Its going to be hard for him to break this habit especially now with as much depth as we have.

59 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

This is disagree with.  This might be the biggest complain that hangs around.  Its going to be hard for him to break this habit especially now with as much depth as we have.

I understand the reasoning behind doing so, but the value added has not exceeded the penalties of doing such thus far.

I think he makes the change. I think he has to, and has had numerous conversations about it with stuff and others. We will find out game 1.

17 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I understand the reasoning behind doing so, but the value added has not exceeded the penalties of doing such thus far.

I think he makes the change. I think he has to, and has had numerous conversations about it with stuff and others. We will find out game 1.

While i agree he should an it would benefit the team, as no other team in college does it for a reason, i just don't see him changing this.  I hope he does though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

That doesn't sound very optimistic 

Jakai’s really had a raw deal. Misdiagnosed knee injury leading to more severe damage. Then had microfracture surgery, which has fallen out of favor due to poor long term outcomes. He’s basically been rehabbing for 2-1/2 years without really seeing the court. Very difficult both physically and mentally. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That’s tough to hear that Newton still has some lingering issues this long into it.  Really feel for the kid and I am pulling for him.  

I would tell the kid to take full advantage of the education being provided for him and plan for a future in something other than basketball. Then if the injury heals sufficiently to play basketball, that's just icing on the cake.

• Like 3