IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Torvik’s projected record for IU, 19-11

He has us at 19-10. He doesn’t have the 2nd and 3rd Atlantis game built in, so that’d likely put his projections for us at 20-11 before the BTT.

I’d hope to be a few games better than that. Granted, he seems pretty high on the big ten, at least in the sense that he’s not projecting any big ten teams to be really bad. We only have 4 conference games against teams outside the top 50 - PSU x2, at Washington, vs Minnesota. And those teams are ranked 74th, 73rd, and 71st respectively.

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Does anyone know how this compares to his pre season projections for IU the last couple of years?

Don’t know a way to look at preseason projected records, but here are how he had us ranked at the start and end of each season since the start of the Archie era:

2018 - Start: 52nd | Finish: 71st

2019 - Start: 26th | Finish: 53rd

2020 - Start: 58th | Finish: 36th

2021 - Start: 26th | Finish: 56th

2022 - Start: 29th | Finish: 28th

2023 - Start: 11th | Finish: 35th

2024 - Start: 35th | Finish: 83rd

2025 - Start: 30th | Finish: ???

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Unfortunately they were the last 9 - 10 games of the season.  That may not bode well.

Yes, rule states must be season ending injury

“According to the NCAA, a basketball player must meet three conditions to be granted hardship waiver for “an incapacity resulting from an injury or illness.” They cannot have participated in more than 30% of their team's games, the injury/illness must be season-ending and verified, and the injury/illness must have occurred “prior to the completion of the first half of the playing season.”

11 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yes, rule states must be season ending injury

“According to the NCAA, a basketball player must meet three conditions to be granted hardship waiver for “an incapacity resulting from an injury or illness.” They cannot have participated in more than 30% of their team's games, the injury/illness must be season-ending and verified, and the injury/illness must have occurred “prior to the completion of the first half of the playing season.”

My guess is they're hoping that the NCAA applies the football redshirt rules to all sports (as rumored) and then can apply the rule retroactively to his season. Or if they don't apply it, still claim that the current football rule if applied to his season of request, would have been a redshirt. Just a guess though...

12 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Unfortunately they were the last 9 - 10 games of the season.  That may not bode well.

His only hope is that the NCAA is lenient with their waivers because they are talking about extending eligibility to 5 years instead of 4. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

His only hope is that the NCAA is lenient with their waivers because they are talking about extending eligibility to 5 years instead of 4. 

NCAA has been neutered 

if any school has inside knowledge of NCAA lawyers & rules it would be IU?

XJ was a lock to get his 6th year according to anyone insider….not hearing anything positive about Goode yet (amazing what you hear if you know one rich lawyer in Indy) 

He deserves an extra year more than Brad Davison 

2 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

NCAA has been neutered 

if any school has inside knowledge of NCAA lawyers & rules it would be IU?

XJ was a lock to get his 6th year according to anyone insider….not hearing anything positive about Goode yet (amazing what you hear if you know one rich lawyer in Indy) 

He deserves an extra year more than Brad Davison 

XJ's was pretty black and white from what I remembered. He checked all of the boxes for a medical redshirt. 

6 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

XJ's was pretty black and white from what I remembered. He checked all of the boxes for a medical redshirt. 

This is true. There's a difference between XJ's and Goode's cases. That said the NCAA is looking at changing things so who knows. 

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Lindy's picks IU to win the Big 10 title...

followed by...

Purdue

UCLA

Illinois

Ohio State

Michigan State

Oregon

Washington

Rutgers

USC

Michigan

Wisconsin

Nebraska

Maryland

Northwestern

Iowa

Penn State

Minnesota.

All 4 of the West Coast schools in Top 10.  If the Pac 12 was as mediocre as rumored the last few years, what does that say about the B1G?  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Good Crimson Quarry article  about IU's offense the last 2 years as opposed to what we'll see this year... especially good explanation of our PnR usage and post-ups (with metrics!)...

As Bob Dylan said, "Times, they are a Changin'"  😀

I think it comes down to what the original complaints were when Woodson was hired. Can he recruit and build a roster? I think he is learning!🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I think it comes down to what the original complaints were when Woodson was hired. Can he recruit and build a roster? I think he is learning!🙂

He wasn't given the choice to continue doing things the way he'd been doing them after last and so far it looks like he has adapted. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't believe that for a minute 

I guess he did have a choice but he came to the realization it wasn't going to end well after his discussions with Dolson after the season. That's why he all of a sudden started putting in a greater effort with recruiting high school players. This isn't a guess either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I guess he did have a choice but he came to the realization it wasn't going to end well after his discussions with Dolson after the season. That's why he all of a sudden started putting in a greater effort with recruiting high school players. This isn't a guess either.

Sounds like Dolson isn't a "true fan" either, then...😁

• Haha 1