IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah I saw it all over twitter last night and just decided to do it on my desktop this morning and the option wasn't available. 

Sucks. 

Also sucks they did away with the $9.99 school specific option. 

Maybe try a new email address? I've got 8 and I think the world is finally catching up. 

• Like 1

Not sure what to expect quite  yet. I have combinations of 12/13, 07/08, and 01/02 when I look at the pieces/talent.  I know Coach understands what has to be molded but getting the right combinations isn't going to happen right away.

Just like any season with some expectations I won't fully get what we can do until January or even February. On paper though I really like the talent our staff has assembled.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure what to expect quite  yet. I have combinations of 12/13, 07/08, and 01/02 when I look at the pieces/talent.  I know Coach understands what has to be molded but getting the right combinations isn't going to happen right away.

Just like any season with some expectations I won't fully get what we can do until January or even February. On paper though I really like the talent our staff has assembled.

Understand what you’re getting at, and I hope we peak late in the season, but we can’t afford to not be ready in Nov/Dec. Need to have a quality win or two in the non-conference. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Understand what you’re getting at, and I hope we peak late in the season, but we can’t afford to not be ready in Nov/Dec. Need to have a quality win or two in the non-conference. 

We need to crush our non-con full of 300+ opponents.  Build up those metrics so we can afford to lose/win close with the better competition.  We cannot do what we did last year and bare beat these low ranked teams.  We don't want to into the Tourney as a 9/10 seed.  We want 3/4 and make that S16 run.

• Like 2

Take it for what is t is worth. Yesterday Ted Mitchell was on local radio and he said talking with Randy Whitman who has been down in Bloomington the last week. Randy said he really likes the leadership of the guards and how well they are shooting the ball.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Take it for what is t is worth. Yesterday Ted Mitchell was on local radio and he said talking with Randy Whitman who has been down in Bloomington the last week. Randy said he really likes the leadership of the guards and how well they are shooting the ball.

I’m asking since we live in different parts of the state, is Ted Mitchell some local radio guy or did Ted Kitchel get auto corrected by your phone?  Either way that is good news. 

3 hours ago, Tom White said:

Did you mean Ted Kitchel?

Yes

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m asking since we live in different parts of the state, is Ted Mitchell some local radio guy or did Ted Kitchel get auto corrected by your phone?  Either way that is good news. 

Ted Kitchell former IU player. Have no idea why it auto corrected the name.

• 2 weeks later...

College Hoops Today Podcast with Jon Rothstein interviewing Woody...

Synopsis...

Has a house in Palm Springs :o, and hangs out in ATL a lot, but has spent most the time this summer in Bloomington

Cupps, Newton, Goode, and Rice have stood out this summer...Rothstein asked about Carlyle over Galloway starting, but Woody said that would be addressed in the practices leading up to the season. Said Trey would possibly be ready for the first practce in 4 weeks...

Likes the Pac 12 addition and says the competition is healthy...Didn't like just watching the tournament last year and told the team it wouldn't happen again...

Says the current roster is the best one we've had, especially the depth...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

College Hoops Today Podcast with Jon Rothstein interviewing Woody...

Synopsis...

Has a house in Palm Springs :o, and hangs out in ATL a lot, but has spent most the time this summer in Bloomington

Cupps, Newton, Goode, and Rice have stood out this summer...Rothstein asked about Carlyle over Galloway starting, but Woody said that would be addressed in the practices leading up to the season. Said Trey would possibly be ready for the first practce in 4 weeks...

Likes the Pac 12 addition and says the competition is healthy...Didn't like just watching the tournament last year and told the team it wouldn't happen again...

Says the current roster is the best one we've had, especially the depth...

Someone is taking care of the yard pretty well. Last time I passed his hood the yard looked immaculate. 

In terms of the team. I don't recall having this much depth in sometime. Of course the dreaded I word can always cause problems. Hope the injury bug that has played havoc with our rotations the last couple years takes a break from IU this year.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Someone is taking care of the yard pretty well. Last time I passed his hood the yard looked immaculate. 

In terms of the team. I don't recall having this much depth in sometime. Of course the dreaded I word can always cause problems. Hope the injury bug that has played havoc with our rotations the last couple years takes a break from IU this year.

Every year us fans think our team has a lot of depth but it usually doesn't materialize.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Every year us fans think our team has a lot of depth but it usually doesn't materialize.

The Farmer's Almanac says easy times on the injury front since we've been decimated the last couple years. We should be fine.

• Haha 2