IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

On 7/29/2024 at 9:16 PM, Maedhros said:

That guy wants to be an insider, but he's been wrong on just about everything since the early Archie days. I think he works for the university, but doesn't have actually info, he's just close enough that he's usually among the first to hear the bad info and rumors that get spread around. 

("Cap" means lies/lying, FYI)

I’m pretty sure he’s talked about working at IU before so I’m sure he hears things pretty close to the source. I think the Tyme account on Twitter called him out so who knows. 

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Thursday???!!!  Our students come back then.  We've been back since Monday. 

MCCSC starts Wednesday for students here. We are also on our 3rd week of football practice. We somehow seemed to have skipped summer.

9 hours ago, ledies22 said:

what was the jakai newton story?

I didn't see all of it, but I believe Rabs was claiming he's not 100% or he's injured again or something to that effect. Newton responded by saying Rabs was lying. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I didn't see all of it, but I believe Rabs was claiming he's not 100% or he's injured again or something to that effect. Newton responded by saying Rabs was lying. 

and thats why i dont pay for peegs.

16 hours ago, Indykev said:

and thats why i dont pay for peegs.

I wouldn't pay for any of it.  Most us rumor peddling and any benefit you may be getting is hearing the info a little sooner than it takes someone to log in and post it on Twitter.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Are there any known games that will be on that platform?

Last year Hoosier Hysteria and the exhibitions were, but no regular season contests...

Edit: in 22-23 the Morehead St game was on BTN+

The shame of it is, Samsung doesn't make an app for BTN+ so I watch it on my computer (and yes, I know about fire stick, Roku, and all that)

Free though, bro 🙂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Will throw this in here for the most eyeballs. Apparently you can order Big10 Plus for free the year. Use Promo Code UCLA24 at checkout. Just in case anyone wanted.

Procrastinated and tried to sign up this morning. All those codes are already invalid. Very disappointed. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Procrastinated and tried to sign up this morning. All those codes are already invalid. Very disappointed. 

I was going to do it too. My wife was looking as well for me and mentioned that it looks like it's only for new subscribers. I could be wrong.....

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I was going to do it too. My wife was looking as well for me and mentioned that it looks like it's only for new subscribers. I could be wrong.....

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And you had btn+ before? 

I had BTN+ before (twice actually 🙂), and I was able to sign up and get the Annual Pass free. Did it right after I saw @Seeking6's post (only a few minutes after he posted it)...

• Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

I had BTN+ before (twice actually 🙂), and I was able to sign up and get the Annual Pass free. Did it right after I saw @Seeking6's post (only a few minutes after he posted it)...

Yeah I saw it all over twitter last night and just decided to do it on my desktop this morning and the option wasn't available. 

Sucks. 

Also sucks they did away with the $9.99 school specific option. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And you had btn+ before? 

I have. As soon as I saw the stuff circulating on Twitter I got in quickly. Big10+ isn't the biggest miss...nice to have some library stuff and replay games but I like free of any kind so I grabbed it right away.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I have. As soon as I saw the stuff circulating on Twitter I got in quickly. Big10+ isn't the biggest miss...nice to have some library stuff and replay games but I like free of any kind so I grabbed it right away.

It's a big deal to me. Tons of baseball on there.  

• Like 1