IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

11 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

ESPN tells me he has played 36 games.

OK. He hasn't played a game at IU. Or in the Big 10. There is a world of difference between the PAC 12 and Big 10.   Don't get me wrong. I like Rice and think he will be a really good player. Just trying to pump the brakes on unrealistic expectations. 

Eric Gordon was all conference and 3rd team All American. If Rice can come close to that everyone will be ecstatic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Basketball Junkie said:

OK. He hasn't played a game at IU. Or in the Big 10. There is a world of difference between the PAC 12 and Big 10.   Don't get me wrong. I like Rice and think he will be a really good player. Just trying to pump the brakes on unrealistic expectations. 

Eric Gordon was all conference and 3rd team All American. If Rice can come close to that everyone will be ecstatic.

The world of difference you speak of is mostly the physicality.  Rice at least played on a tournament team which is more than IU could say last season.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at IND yesterday to catch a flight and saw Jakai Newton at the airport. I knew he was a big guy, but didn’t realize how impressive (intimidating) he actually is. He’ll be a nightmare for anyone he guards in the B10, and any kind of offense he can generate will be a plus.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

According to Trilly D, IU is planning on filling the last open scholarship. I can’t recall the name but someone else suggested it was a combo guard. 

Was curious about that myself. 

3 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

According to Trilly D, IU is planning on filling the last open scholarship. I can’t recall the name but someone else suggested it was a combo guard. 

Keyon Menifield?

11 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Saw a post on the BTB site saying Newton has had another setback with his injury.  Post was by Chris007.  

If you watch the video, he's in there (which speaks volumes about his character) but not really participating... :( 

I truly hope it's just a minor thing...This kid deserves his shot...He's worked so hard to get here...

• Like 5

On 7/25/2024 at 2:47 PM, Hoosierdave said:

Just mentally connecting dots. Who knows?  

13 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Saw a post on the BTB site saying Newton has had another setback with his injury.  Post was by Chris007. 

Edited by Parakeet Jones

31 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Back in the Sand.  Didn't we the strength coach under CTC do conditioning in sand and everyone hated it?

Anyone who's ever trained in sand hates it...

But it's very effective, and there are no conclusive studies that demonstrate it's more conducive to injury...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

But it's very effective, and there are no conclusive studies that demonstrate it's more conducive to injury...

i thought of of the members here were widely against it since we had so many injuries during that time.  I have worked out in sand, sucks ass

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2024 at 3:20 PM, IUFLA said:

If anything it's less. 

Regardless---activity, of any sort = injury. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1