IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw that reply and am like X just isn't throwing stuff out there. For the kids sake and ours I hope he finally gets a chance to showcase himself. Has to be brutal sitting this long.

Yes 1000%. I do think it’s beneficial in the sense that it’s a free year to sit back learn the system and not feel overwhelmed by learning by fire.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 4:42 PM, Maedhros said:

I don't think the point of having the 13th scholarship open is to just have it sit there. I think rather, given the state of the roster and the work already put it, it's that the staff can afford to be picky. We don't need to fill it just to fill it. Doing so might make us incrementally better at the margins, but apparently the staff feels the scholarship has more value in being available for a true difference that might hit the radar. Unlikely as that may be, I can't say they're wrong to do so. I simply don't see a scenario where the 13th guy on this roster makes a significant impact on a winning team.

Like, maybe you save that 13th scholarship for Liam McNeeley:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would imagine they'll offer 3 times his current salary ($5.35 mil) something along the lines of what Popovich makes ($16 mil)...

And I'd never heard this

"Hurley, 51, has often described his ambition to one day coach in the NBA and has expressed to the Lakers a desire to explore the full picture of a partnership with one of basketball's winningest franchises, sources said." 

🤔

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

IU by three games? Wow.  Someone tell me how often a team has won the Big Ten by 3+ games.

Purdue has won it by 3 games the last 2 years...

Before, that, Michigan in 2013-14

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Reacher said:

"Indiana has the most talent "

"Indiana has the best roster"

"Indiana is the team to beat" 

Can IU win the conference by 3 games? 

They’re stating the obvious, but they may as well be debating quantum physics. They’re knuckleheads 

14 hours ago, Reacher said:

"Indiana has the most talent "

"Indiana has the best roster"

"Indiana is the team to beat" 

Can IU win the conference by 3 games? 

I thought the road to the B1G championship went through WL? Did they get the wrong Indiana team? :coffee:

3 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

Yea, you did save yourself from copyright infringement. 

Woody should prioritize getting transfer portal top ranked Coleman Hawkins with the last scholarship spot. This would totally open up one-on-one driving lanes for the guards and kick-outs for 3pt shots by Hawkins, Luke Goode, Mbacko and even Reneau. Woody can mentor Hawkins if he's really looking for someone to help him prep for the NBA. Luke Goode (former teammate) can explain how IU could be a Final Four team in 2025 with the addition of Hawkins. GO HOOSIERS!

3 hours ago, HOOSIER CHAMPS said:

Woody should prioritize getting transfer portal top ranked Coleman Hawkins with the last scholarship spot. This would totally open up one-on-one driving lanes for the guards and kick-outs for 3pt shots by Hawkins, Luke Goode, Mbacko and even Reneau. Woody can mentor Hawkins if he's really looking for someone to help him prep for the NBA. Luke Goode (former teammate) can explain how IU could be a Final Four team in 2025 with the addition of Hawkins. GO HOOSIERS!

Probably the most overhyped player in the B1G the past two years. I could barely stand to watch him a few games a year as an Illini

This is some sound judgement:

“I will never play in the Big Ten again. I wouldn't play in the Big East," Hawkins said at the NBA Draft Combine. "I would go somewhere with a football team where I can enjoy a football game.”

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1